• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

pic requirement should we do it?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

should pics be required with all for sale posts?

• yes

Votes: 86 71.1%
  • no

Votes: 35 28.9%

• Total voters
Not really unless someone wants to offer that service.

Posting pictures I am sure is easy for you young whippersnappers, but for

us old folk we are not current with the process. I have plenty of stuff to

sell, but I feel bad about the picture postings. It will help sell your stuff.

Need Techno Help, :D

Mark Sholund
No its no easy for this young whippersnapper......

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes pics should be required , that way the buyer will know exactly what they are getting , should help to keep the B.S. to a minimum.

I also think there should be a minimum time on I.W. before people are allowed to sell here.

Tim K

I agree and disagree.

AGREE

If the site makes it so that larger pictures can be posted derectly and easily.

DISAGREE

If the item to be sold is 100% NEW.

Tim

I have sold many items sending the pics to e-mail address upon request of the buyer. Easier for me to forward pics to e-mail address. I have Received pics on this site & Still Did Not tell the entire story of the item I was buying...... So the Pics DON`T TELL ALL....... The problems should be between the buyer & seller Not this board..... This is just a place to list it. I think we have Weeded out the BAD Sellers........ What is the board to do when the guy gets a Good Pic & Still receives a POS???????? it is still up to the seller/buyer to agree on the same issues?

I vote NO keep it the way it is.If you want to post photos to help the sale great if you don't or can't post photos you dont have to.Keep it where we have a choice, it has worked up to this point so why fix it? Just my thought's

i vote,, NO,,, if you are dead set on a picture,,, just ask for it.. if they dont send pics,,, dont buy it.. i find myself listing while on my cell phone,,, cant add pics from that... pictures are always nice,,, cant say they aren't,,, but if you have a single doubt in your mind,,, just ask for em.............

oh ya,,, and well DIAL UP SUCKS robin :p :p

alden

I've recently sold a bunch of stuff on IW (I'm a relative new member) and wouldn't even think of selling anything without a photograph. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything sight unseen, but if there are trusting souls on this board that continue to do so, you've got no one to blame but yourself if you get burned or end up with something less than what you were expecting. I have seen a lot of poor quality photographs here that really don't show me anything, and could be hiding a lot..................like that ugly prom date that depended on gobs of makeup and dim lighting to hide that pizza face. That being said, I'm a professional photographer and spend a good part of my days making silk purses out of sow's ears. So......I would vote NO to mandatory photographs unless you could also mandate the "quality" of the photographs...................good luck to that!

Only believe half of what you see and none of what you hear (or in this case.....read)!

Bill

Maybe everyone jumping on the "yes" REQUIREMENT bandwagon step back and see what your going to create. As was pointed out a photo may not even be a true representation of the actual item. Do we need a moderator to judge photo quality? Prop swap? Next place for over-regulation?

Now I probably would not buy a used boat without a photo. If I asked for one and the guy said he could not send one then he would likely loose that opportunity. Both free choice of buyer and seller. Should it not be the sellers choice on what he feels is a fair representation of his item. Do we require manatory all 4 sides plus top and bottom? Whats next once we open the door. I think an individual can decide what he spends his money on. And for a seller he increases his chances of a sale with pics but again should be his choice. If that many people are getting burned there are better ways to protect them.

What about radios,sevros and miscelanious hardware? Do I need to post a photo of an outboard flex cable? How many small but needed items will just sit in your junk box, while someone needs that obsolete widgit, and it's too much trouble to take and post a photo (4 sides) of a ten dollar item?

Sorry but my 2 cents. I quit selling boats and just race "Team Ugly"

Mic

NO to it being a requirement. OK with being a recommendation but as always buyer beware. We all have been stung a time or two by someone. If you want to sell something, then make sure you can provide some pics. Just do not make it mandatory.

What ever you want to call this..... Majority rules, a new rule or regulation to post an item forsale on this site means the same thing. What ever happened to honesty and itegrity!! My last 2 cents on this subject. Richard D

if it sounds fishy it is fishy.

i have seen over the yrs on hear people sell stuff with pics.. and have just as many problems as with out.. my only thing is if i buy something i would at least like to see it..

quite honestly a pic won't help if someone gets took.. i can take a pic of a brand new motor and advertise it as new then turn around and sell a blown up one.. i know of people that have done that.. not cool

guess you have to take there word.. and hope that people are honest.. that is why i don't sell to much on the forsale. if i do you can bank on what i say.. if you don't feel like it is what i say i make it right.. that simple.

i sold a boat to a guy last yr. my old boat.. well i advertised it with something.. then found out what i stated was wrong.. i sent him an extra spare uncut cowl.. and extra set of rear sponsons because i felt bad.

no so much because i had to but i WANTED TO so he didn't feel like he got took

like richard d said WHAT HAPPENED TO HONESTY.

just my opinon

I agree with Robin- I will e-mail pics but resizing them is something I can't do easily.
No need to re size using Tinypic.com , so easy even i can do it !!! They offer a sizing guide that all you do is click .

http://tinypic.com/
It doesnt get ANY easier than this site. It allows you to pick specific sizes for just about any use. I use it for everything.

After originally casting my vote prior to reading the entire thread
rolleyes.gif

I'm kinda rethinking my yes (required) vote. I put pics on anything I sell, as I feel it helps move an item that you can look at right now.

That said- to require it on everything for sale can be problematic as well in the long run for many reasons.

Andy

the flip side of this from the seller's (me in particular) point of view. if you don't trust me, then i prolly don't want to deal with you, either <_< .

It just hurts the seller without a picture I would never buy a boat without seeing it, as far as being old you guy's talk like my Dad who was very pissed off when he unplugged his laptop and it would still not shut off!!! lol He is going to use it like a skipping rock across the lake one day..... boats=Yes Parts=No works for me.

Chuck

I agree with Robin- I will e-mail pics but resizing them is something I can't do easily.
No need to re size using Tinypic.com , so easy even i can do it !!! They offer a sizing guide that all you do is click .

It doesnt get ANY easier than this site. It allows you to pick specific sizes for just about any use. I use it for everything.

rolleyes.gif

I'm kinda rethinking my yes (required) vote. I put pics on anything I sell, as I feel it helps move an item that you can look at right now.

That said- to require it on everything for sale can be problematic as well in the long run for many reasons.

Andy
Andy, What is the best size and how do you attach them?

Thanks,

Glenn

rolleyes.gif

Andy
Andy, What is the best size and how do you attach them?

Thanks,

Glenn

Hey Glen Go here and check the post at the bottom of the page. I hope it helps you and others.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=37187&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Nick

Back