Peace out!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the answer to my question. Sorry for getting off topic on a T-4 thread. I have a T-6 and the left rear is shorter then the right rear.

Bob with the rudder off-set, are you placing the rudder to the port (left) or starboard (right) side of the strut? Had one of these from Thunderboat Reproductions several years ago couldn't get the boat to run right sold the hull to "The Scale Hydro Doctor" Don Ferrette, and he totally rebuilt it correctly, always wanted another one looks like this wooden one is the way to go. Waiting anxiously for the christening and maiden voyage.

Bill Diedrich

Ventress, LA.

Watching this thread in anticipation,,and starting to hide a few duckets for the buyer list. ;)

Thanks for the hard work Mr Koch.

Hi, just wondering if you have had any thoughts on whether or not the strut will be centered or offset on your hull? I am currently in the process of doing up a Thunderboat Reproductions T4, the strut on my hull was originally offset slightly, however the holes have been filled and I wasn't sure if I should keep the strut in the same place or move it to the centre? What would be the reason for using one position over another, limited space in the hull or is there a handling advantage? Thanks

I know what you mean re the rudder, I decided to get one custom made to suit, to be honest, very happy with the result.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking left side of the boat for the rudder, the strut will be centered, my center section is 5" wide per the Newton plans but the transom was adjusted to 1" height to accomodate common rudder mounts... seems everyone who builds rudders holds at 1", and thanks for the support!

I got hit with big personal setback last year and that skewed my focus more towards family time. They (family) get on your nerves quick! ... ssshhhhhhhhh don't repeat that.......

.....but anyway things are back on track

so... 1/4 scale servo for rudder or the 685 hitech?

thoughts?
Bob I would use a 1/4 scale servo. You can get the HS 5745MG for a decent price off eBay.

Long time no visit, they are doing this whole "work/life" balance at the factory so that means more time at home. more time at homes either means getting on the wife's nerves or getting back on the table and getting progress done. Where I am right now is in need of some advice for servo waterproofing. small boxes, small lids etc. I have a 1/4 scale for the rudder and two normal BBMG servos for mix and throttle. I am at the point of mounting hardware. Julian convinced me that I need to show this bad boy skipping on the water before selling the kit. The kit is done but as you all know it is not skipping on the water :) So, who sells small mounts and waterproof cases? where can I see examples.... thoughts, comments???
I have to say after building a pair of t-4 Buds and many scale boats a 1/4 scale servo is overkill. The standard case high torque servo turns scale boats well and id use good quality minis for mixture and throttle.

Agree.. turn fin takes (and should) most of the load.

Any servo in the 100 range works just fine..

Grim

This is my last post to the intlwaters site. I have tried to fix the issue but it would seem with zero contact from admins and zero help there is really no reason to post with all the workaround issues to get into this blocked account. The site will not see my IP address so that means that it is blocked.

I will be selling laser cut kits but not through this forum.

Very disappointed in this, best regards!

Goodbye

Latest posts

Back