• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

paypal fee

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Raimondi

Just tried to send someone as a gift and paypal now charges you a fee if you send as a gift.so the fees should be up to sellers and no longer send as gift/Just my opinion.and skip adding the fees for purchases just ask 3% more in your asking price

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the first gift i tried in about 3 months and never seen a fee like that before so i thoght it was something new?

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time I saw that, they had fees if you used a credit/debit card but if you had it pulled straight out of your bank account there were no fees.

I wish they would just do away with the "gift" angle anyway. I have purchased a lot things that the seller said "pay pal as gift" which to me is "just lie about it" and I have always just added the 3% and done it as a goods purchase.....I am offended when I am buying something from someone and they ask me to lie in order to pay them.

Eric

If you send as a gift and pay directly through a checking account it's free. If you use a credit card to pay as a gift then 3% fees will be added.

Andrew

I agree that you should just price it in or price in half and pay half. There has to be value in getting paid immediately.

Bill

I wish they would just do away with the "gift" angle anyway. I have purchased a lot things that the seller said "pay pal as gift" which to me is "just lie about it" and I have always just added the 3% and done it as a goods purchase.....I am offended when I am buying something from someone and they ask me to lie in order to pay them.

Eric
Yep, I could say more but I think you covered it

There's also value in paying for something immediately, so you can get what you want that much quicker. When I sell something I give the choice of PayPal or money order. Everyone has always done PayPal.

Andrew

I always add the fees when I pay and I think thats the best way to go. Its more conveniant for the buyer than the seller. I don't have to find my checkbook, stamps, and take it to the post office on the corner.

Divide by .971 and add $0.30.

a simple point sellers just add the fees to the price and we will be covered as a buyer sending as gift has no coverage its very simple.as i sell i never charge the fees and life goes on.thats all

Eric
Very true, plus I thought when going the gift route it takes away any protection you as the buyer has??? I kinda like RCTechs view on this and they do not allow gift payments... It would be alot easier for the seller to just set the price and then we are all protected... After all the seller is using Paypals service and we should not really have to pay for them to use it...

Back