Paying with Paypal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Hamilton

Having only bought through Ebay and payed with Paypal. If i buy from private sellers do i just need their e mail address to set up payment to them with Paypal. They also have Paypal account set up, Or do i need to do it another way. Regards Martin.

Having only bought through Ebay and payed with Paypal. If i buy from private sellers do i just need their e mail address to set up payment to them with Paypal. They also have Paypal account set up, Or do i need to do it another way. Regards Martin.
If I remember wright you just need there email address they have with paypal...

Yes, if they have a paypal account, all you need is the email address attached to it. On the other end of that, they can create an invoice and send you a bill if they have your paypal email address.

Sean

Martin,

As long as you both have an account, it's simple. Go to the Paypal website and log in. Click the send money tab. This will bring up a box for you to enter e-mail address of recipient. From there you enter amount and so on. Good Luck.

Mike

Martin,

If your the seller, make sure your buyer adds 3%, and when you get paid,verify the buyers address is correct on the invoice.

I recently lost some parts to the usps gods because the buyers address was different (old).

if paying for a item u bought off of ebay.it is against ebay policy to add the 3% to the total.u have to add it into the cost when selling.when using paypal threw ebay it wont add the 3% to pay for a item u just bought.

Last edited by a moderator:
i understand martin.in ebay policy a seller cant add 3% to total when item is sold.make sure u include the 3% in the price of the item u selling

Why do you have to add 3% to the cost? Is that only if they are using it as a credit card? I thought that if I sent say 20.00 bucks to you that is what you got.

Thanks for the info,

Rick

Why do you have to add 3% to the cost? Is that only if they are using it as a credit card? I thought that if I sent say 20.00 bucks to you that is what you got.

Thanks for the info,

Rick
pay pal takes $.30 plus 2.9% of the money, just like a credit card company. thats why a lot of people want the extra 3% for a paypal transaction

Thanks for the info,

Rick
pay pal takes $.30 plus 2.9% of the money, just like a credit card company. thats why a lot of people want the extra 3% for a paypal transaction

I did not know that...Thanks for the update.

I went to the paypal site and if you use personal transfer there are no fees if the money comes out of your paypal account or your banking account. I thought that is how it worked for all transactions...lol I wondered what the fuss was all about on the 3% fee.

Back