parts for Phil Thomas Sport .45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rchydro

Building a new sp40

Phil's boat, front radio box,CMB or Mac

I need it to go like hell !!!!!!!!!!

So whats a good strut, tank and engine mount

Was thinking about Sea Du drop down mount

Would like to get the pipe out the transon. so I can keep the cowl closed Any ideas?

Thanks

if you are running the front box, the pipe out the transom should be no problem. I like to use speedmaster hardware when putting one of these together. If you use the seaducer drop mount it will most liekly be too low, We have milled the standard speedmaster mount to lower the motor with success. I use a speedmaster hydro rudder and the speedmaster strut. this usually works good for me. I also put a twelve ounce flex tank the right side of the boat, with a bump tank as close to the carb as I can get it. Hope this helps Ken

You dont have the setup info? The setup shipped with the boat is correct not just close. LOL Let me know if you need anything, here is the hardware list PHIL T

HARDWARE LIST

SuperSport45

Rudder

Speedmaster 21 hydro wedge rudder with water pickup (not mini21 hydro)

Motor Mount five inch Speedmaster, or Octura, rubber mount

Strut

Speedmaster sport hydro extended shaft & strut bearing bushing for 3/16 cable or Octura DV with oc11be bearing extender, oc8np nose piece, two reducer bushings, twooc6lts lead Teflon bearings, used with 3/16 cable

Shaft Assembly

Prather #8021 3/16x24” shaft, Octura drive dog oc6d, K&S ¼ x36” brass tube, K&S 9/32x12” brass tube, or HUEGHY B6666-24 3/16x24”

Prop

Octura 1455cupped, x450, x450/3, x646/3, x452

Turn Fin

R C Marine Designs stainless steel turn fin turn Fin & R C Marine Designs ¼” aluminum turn fin mount and stainless steel fin or

Virginia Craftsman Nice polished mount and sharpened fin ready to use

Fuel Tank (Rear Radio) 14oz Dubro, or 14oz. Great Planes tank

Tanks 2U makes a nice metal tank

(Front Radio) Sullivan rst12oz.

Hopper tank, 1 ½ oz Sullivan or Hayes 2oz

Misc. Parts

Aeromarine aluminum cowl lock mounts

two push button cowl locks, speedmaster,aeromarine or dumas

carbon fibre push rod, Sig #sh654 or Dave Brown Products

three feet large tubing for water lines

one foot medium tubing for fuel lines

three push rod seals, G&M silicone seals with push rod ends

or #100 Bruline seals

Water proof antenna, Bruline #110

Tuned pipe mount, Prather Boats

Glue Long set epoxy, gap filling CA glue with quick set spray

Paint Klass Kote epoxy paint or auto paint and clear coat

SUPPLIERS

ALS’ HOBBY SHOP 121ADDISON ELMHURST ILL. 60126 630-832-4908

G&M MODELS 17W323 16TH ST. OAKBROOK TERR. IL. 60181 630-279-2451

SPEEDMASTER 1325 CAROL DRIVE MEMPHIS, TN 38116 901-396-7485

VIRGINIA CRAFTSMAN

DICK TYNDALL 8151 SAWYER LANE MECHANICSVILLE, VA 23111

r/[email protected] PH 804-730-7865

TANKS 2 U WALT BARNEY 5929 ROSEMARY LANE CEDAR BLUFF,AL. 35959 PHONE 256-779-6472 EMAIL [email protected]

EPOXY PAINT- KLASS KOTE klasskote.com

Drew

If you wouldnt toss my boat in upside down maybe I would paint it

And the other pit man are making for other reasons :eek:

PS Phil cant help you now :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike (Grimracer) makes the fuel cells too, he did mine. You might as well get his servo mounts there also.

I swtched over the the Octura motor mount after breaking the taps off in the Speedmaster mount. with the MAC .45 in there, the bottom of the case hits the "U" channel in the mount so out came the hacksaw and that was completely removed. A lot of weight lost there but it ends up by being almost like the Speedmaster.

I got my carbon fiber pushrod material and the titanium ends from Art's Hobby in Livonia, MI at the Toledo show.

If you call Gary Preusse at G&M Models, tell him what boat you have and he'll send you just what you need in the way of hardware.

Pix of mine coming soon, I'm still waiting for my sister to re-cut some of the graphics before I show it off. We may be working on a windshield decal while we're at it, Laser cut.

Back