Paint Code

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm away from home untill thursday and got the paint and codes for Dupont chromabase on the cans. I had it matched by a paint supplier with their computer. When I re-painted the 1/8 th scale last year the paint was a great match. I only painted the one sponson and the purple at the canards and then shot clear. There are more pics in my gallery of the mess before and after.

The house of Kolors paint was too expensive and you had to buy it in larger sizes. Besides, the dupont is nice sanding and blends in very well.

cheers

Where can I get the paint codes for the Smokin Joe Hydro? B)
What are you painting? a vegas? You need a scale hydro, get one of my U10 Smokin Joes.

I have some purple and yellow left over that may work, most of a quart, let me know the numbers too.

Come on over an we can run some boats here.

PHIL T

Last edited by a moderator:
I am painting a miss vegas right now but I want to build a scale boat after my pay n pak is done. Phil I would love to come run. I know jackl and I was talking about coming over sometime.

Smokin Joe color codes.....

Dupont Chromabase

Yellow.... 743007K

Sugar purple.....M3353K

Smokin Joe color codes.....

Dupont Chromabase

Yellow.... 743007K

Sugar purple.....M3353K
Awesome thanks. And you said it was Dupont Chromabase paint right?
Dang I'd check to see if dupont has mixing formula in NASON base coat.. nope.. For a pint of yellow cromabase is 89.60 1/2 pint of yellow is 49.28.. purple cromabase 1 pint is 89.60 a 1/2 pint is 49.28..I'd just called my local dupont store..check around to other paint manufacters to see if you can get it cheap..NASON only makes the yellow is singal stage urethane..for 1 pint of that is 37.65..

Good paint is not cheap....don't forget the reducer and 7175S basemaker....
Thats why I don't care for the cromabase..I'm not a big fan of that system eighter..needs a seperate reducer for the base.I know in the early 90's they had proublem's with there clear's pealing off there base color's..... I like the ones that uses the same reducer in base as in clears..

Thats why I don't care for the cromabase..I'm not a big fan of that system eighter..needs a seperate reducer for the base.I know in the early 90's they had proublem's with there clear's pealing off there base color's..... I like the ones that uses the same reducer in base as in clears..
What are you using as far as paint?

What are you using as far as paint?
I'm using PPG shopline and omini and NAPA's Crossfire system..both lays the paint down great,love the crossfire the most..since I'd been using it since 04..

chromabase and chromapremeir (upgraded version) are both base /clear systems.

if the clear chips or cracks, the surface is compromised and the base will be atttacked by the chemicals getting into the color and it wil delaminate or wash off.

single stage with activator shouldnt have this problem as easily, but can still happen.

So are there any tips or hints that I should know before I try painting my miss vegas?

chromabase and chromapremeir (upgraded version) are both base /clear systems.

if the clear chips or cracks, the surface is compromised and the base will be atttacked by the chemicals getting into the color and it wil delaminate or wash off.

single stage with activator shouldnt have this problem as easily, but can still happen.
never had clear chip off. had complete paint chip off,clear and color . had to do touch up's if the paint get's chiped up..So I must be doing somehing wright. :p

Latest posts

Back