P-45 CRANK

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicksluvmee

ok i broke the crank on my p-45 doing somethin terribly stupid does any one have a partsmotor or a crank to sell?????? an its goin in a hypoint racing specialties boat what kinda mph do you think i can get outta this combination?

ok i broke the crank on my p-45 doing somethin terribly stupid does any one have a partsmotor or a crank to sell?????? an its goin in a hypoint racing specialties boat what kinda mph do you think i can get outta this combination?
I think I have a crank and even a good parts motor for you . Canyou post a pic of your motor or give some more info on it . Tom .

ok heres the motor an does anybody know if this motor will be enough for this boat... this boat is a hy point racing specialties an its 39 inches long. im new to the boatin thing but been messin with cars a long time so help me out a lil bit. i dunno but this boat looks like it will haul ass. these pics r blurry but my camera suxso bare with menew_009.jpgnew_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be a good match.

I had the same boat years ago with a OPS 60 in it. It was to much motor.

Mike

Your picture shows a P-45, Early unit and not an EXR version.

Good luck on parts for it .... Like gold these days.

BTW. Looks as if your intake housing is up side down, Carb should be on top.

Scott

Scott
Scott,

These are the Piccos with the two 180 degree opposed slots in the rotor, so the carb is fine on the bottom - so long as the crank-pin is in the right slot.. :)

Ian

Scott
Scott,

These are the Piccos with the two 180 degree opposed slots in the rotor, so the carb is fine on the bottom - so long as the crank-pin is in the right slot.. :)

Ian

yea its a 180 everything is in right order. an this thing has got compression out of this world i figured it should run real goood. yes an gettin that pin in the right slot is hell to do

ya tom do that for me as long as its the parts i need im interested

Scott
Scott,

yea its a 180 everything is in right order. an this thing has got compression out of this world i figured it should run real goood. yes an gettin that pin in the right slot is hell to do

ya tom do that for me as long as its the parts i need im interested
Ian
Yeah, loads of compression, if the piston and sleeve are still good after around 20 years. The rotor alignment is a bit of a fiddle, the first few (dozen) times. I normally "eyeball" it as near as I can, before I put the housing on, then rock the crankshaft until the pin falls in - then look through the intake while rocking both ways, to make sure it is actually in the slot. A good one of these 45s is still a strong engine though.

Ian

I have a crankshaft for your picco 45. $40.00 plus shipping

are u sure its for the same old style 45 like i have? here it isView attachment 4716
I looked at the motor and it is in real good condition except for one of the head bolts has been broken in the case . The crank , bearings , piston and sleeve are in very nice condition . I will take 75 bucks for the assembly or best offer . contact me if interested . Also have a 45 EXR for 150.00 bucks . Tom .

Back