Outboard Tunnel Hull Kit ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clifton Gregory

Hello,

I have a Glen Spicklers Rascal 3.5 CC Tunnel Hull kit NIB. Can anyone give me any info on this kit. Like maybe what year it came out, or any other info. Thanks

Cliff

Can you post a pic ? Im sure some of the vets will have more knowledge than I on this one, but I would like too see it if you dont mind . ;)

I believe the kit was released in the late 70's. I could not afford it as I was still a student but I saw one up close at a hobby shop.
If I remember correctly, the sponsons were pretty deep; almost like a cat. I recall seeing some foam block in the kit box so I think the sponson construction was WOF. Similar tunnels around that era included the L'il Lightning and the Dumas original HS

I believe the kit was released in the late 70's. I could not afford it as I was still a student but I saw one up close at a hobby shop.
If I remember correctly, the sponsons were pretty deep; almost like a cat. I recall seeing some foam block in the kit box so I think the sponson construction was WOF. Similar tunnels around that era included the L'il Lightning and the Dumas original HS

Yes it’s preformed cut foam blocks for the sponsons to be covered with wood.

Andy,

I don’t have a computer right now, have to do everything on the phone. Not quite sure how to do it on the phone

Here is a DragN' Fli 40 with an O.S. 20 OB on the transom.

JD
How does the 40 Drag N Fli perform with the OS 20? Without any rear sponsons or other planning surface, do you have to kick the lower in a lot for lift? I still have two 40 size kits and may build one of them as an outboard kneeler

Thanks, k

Back