Outboard Motor Cowl's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Taylor

Just wondering if there is a demand for 3.5 or 7.5 outboard motor cowls :unsure: .

Thanks

Rick B)

Yes. The trick would be to make them as small as possible and not interfere with the linkages. Some may disagree but I would opt for the OMC F1 design. It is narrower in the front and is aero tapered (rounded) in the rear. AMPS made some of those F1 style cowls. Also I would not complain about the flywheel sticking out the top and an opening in the rear for the glow plug lighter to go through. Then it would not be necessary to remove the cowl for starting.

I am all for it, when I used to race in NAMBA, we used to encourage for a more scale realistic look. I know there are a lot of diverse opinions about the best "look". Possibly a variety of manufactures, Mercury, Johnson, Evinrude, and maybe Yamaha... Just a thought.

Jimmy Johnson

P.s. Robin, BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL !

Last edited by a moderator:
it's gotta be a mercury, i bleed black B) .

I'm with you Robin, especially since I'm sponsored by Mrcury Marine. GO BLACK.
i've been a mercury guy since red & green ones. i've worked on white ones under warranty, am i showing my age :rolleyes: .....raced KG-9's on utility runabouts B) (when they were still called that by the apba)

That's great to hear Rick, it seems that the lack of good reliable lower-ends is what's slowing the growth of gas tunnel. Hope to see some of your designs on here soon..

Jimmy

PS

Robin, I cut my teeth working on the Merc T2-X and T-3 when my Dad was racing full-size tunnels

What about a cowl to suit the FE out boards ??

Id be very interested in that!

That's great to hear Rick, it seems that the lack of good reliable lower-ends is what's slowing the growth of gas tunnel. Hope to see some of your designs on here soon..

Jimmy

PS

Robin, I cut my teeth working on the Merc T2-X and T-3 when my Dad was racing full-size tunnels
those are late model engines for me, jimmy :lol: . but i do remember cowbells on the ol' tower of power.

It's easy for me to say, cause i'm not building them.But maybe a universal fit for the electric and nitro, small thru large to accommodate the different size engines/motors. Not forgetting gas of coarse...

Jimmy

Back