• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Outboard boats for sale - selling most everthing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Rodney Pierce or Mike Larson could knock on his door and tell him to get with the program. They both live in Cedar Rapids.

Larry... thx pal... Rodney... is out and has been for awhile... I'm on the sidelines of it either way... This is... getting ridiculous, and is a bane to our group here in town.... James... posted me he needed help a month ago desperately, and while I replied id try... I didn't... as I'm stupid buried with work and a home remodel that has me off the planet... regardless... I do not... know where he is currently residing... nor, his last phone number... I do know, that financially he is or was buried and put the marker up.... he incurred a back injury at work, got fixed, and could not regain his previous job, so he took the hobby town job at 2 days a week at minimum wage because... its something... ( count losing your house, dog died, and 25 % previous income)...this is...last known... so... I never knew where he lived and vice versa, because... I do that... nor... phone numbers really... so... this is the deal... I need to know... who ordered what, how much, whatever... Dave... whats the bill?... and I will personally if at all possible cover these debts from my fleet, engine collection, or financially if the buyer chooses... So.. that stated... and I will stress your extreme patience.. Dave will a check suffice?... ,,,, ill get with each guy as I read on here, and while I don't log in much.... ill be in and ill solve this problem.... James is surely around town... and ill work it out with him as time progresses... thanx men... lets have it....

Larry... thx pal... Rodney... is out and has been for awhile... I'm on the sidelines of it either way... This is... getting ridiculous, and is a bane to our group here in town.... James... posted me he needed help a month ago desperately, and while I replied id try... I didn't... as I'm stupid buried with work and a home remodel that has me off the planet... regardless... I do not... know where he is currently residing... nor, his last phone number... I do know, that financially he is or was buried and put the marker up.... he incurred a back injury at work, got fixed, and could not regain his previous job, so he took the hobby town job at 2 days a week at minimum wage because... its something... ( count losing your house, dog died, and 25 % previous income)...this is...last known... so... I never knew where he lived and vice versa, because... I do that... nor... phone numbers really... so... this is the deal... I need to know... who ordered what, how much, whatever... Dave... whats the bill?... and I will personally if at all possible cover these debts from my fleet, engine collection, or financially if the buyer chooses... So.. that stated... and I will stress your extreme patience.. Dave will a check suffice?... ,,,, ill get with each guy as I read on here, and while I don't log in much.... ill be in and ill solve this problem.... James is surely around town... and ill work it out with him as time progresses... thanx men... lets have it....
I’m out $260. I purchased his vision craft with the os motor. I have his current phone number and I’ve tried to work things out with him by offering to help pay for shipping. He has promised numerous times that he will ship the boat but has failed to do so. I understand he has problems but taking peoples money and not sending the items is not the way to do things. If he can’t afford to ship the items then don’t sell until he can. I’m not in need of the money, thank you God, but it’s the principal behind the whole thing.

I’ll would be happy if you can get him to ship the boat and my offer to pay for the shipping still stands but only after I receive the boat.

Guys, let's take a quick step back for a moment. All of this drama and issues are totally the fault and result of the actions of James, not Mike Larson. Yes he lives in the same city as Mike and runs with the same guys in Cedar Rapids area. Mike has a great and kind heart, has a difficult job (brick/stone mason in Iowa in the winter - think very cold and white) that has a very light work schedule (think less money) and a major home repair job needed to be done now, it cannot be delayed (also being done in the winter). Time and funds for him are tight and he is balancing many life issues to be saddled with this work. Having to chase down James to try and get the funds will cost him time he has little of and money and he has even less of it presently.

Please reconsider asking Mike to get involved. It is not his duty and has many more important things to deal with. Would you want to be thrown into the cesspool yourself? I clearly know that may not help you getting your funds back or the items you bought but think about the big picture and dragging someone else into this cesspool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John

I didn’t drag Mike into this. I simply replied to his post and I was under the impression that he was offering to help. I don’t expect him to get involve at all or cover for James deficiencies as he is not the guilty party here. I just want to clear the air.

Lorenzo

Very well said John

Marty
X2I only mentioned Rodney or Mike to possibly contact James because they are local. Mike is a stand up guy that would give you the shirt off his back if he felt you needed it, but he certainly doesnt need to take on any financial burdens of James Montgomerys.

Sad part is I actually like the guy talk ed to him on a personal level and all but buisiness is buisiness...I purchased a a.c. sport 40 and a Cajun 20 rigger and a box of pipes from him and i have got the run around on tracking numbers and the true delivery or expected delivery dates, many people warned me and i tried to give benefit of the doubt but NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Update, I started a dispute little while back with PayPal and today I got my $$$ back. Thank you PayPal. Reason why I never send money as F&F. Just an FYI, I’ve been in contact with James all this time, I just got tired of the excuses as to why he can’t ship or that he shipped when in reality never did. He is a nice person to talk to but really needs to get his head together and work through whatever he’s going. My deal is done.

Update, I started a dispute little while back with PayPal and today I got my $$$ back. Thank you PayPal.
That's good to hear. I go one step further, and fund the PayPal purchase with a credit card, not my balance, if I'm dealing with someone I don't have a solid history on. PayPal involvement can be hit or miss for a buyer, but the credit card company will yank the money right away pending an investigation which usually gets the guilty party communicating again real quick.

Just to be clear- the ONLY reason this thread is still active and he has not been suspended is the hope people get what they paid for.

Look I'm working on this plz, and no no one else should have to pick up anything I do, I did ask Mike to help me out awhile back to help ship this stuff out and would pay him back when money was released, so I could get all this stuff out because but he is busy with work, all payments where pending because it was in my wife's account and couldn't send anything because they where pending, us I have other things going on that I have been dealing with and yes If I didn't have the money to ship it out then I never should have sold it, but was not accounting for the money to be held for three weeks,I want to say sry to the guys that I have ran with and now have made look like fool's because they know me....and I'm sry to the people who have had to wait so lo g for there stuff, I will get the boats out to u Mitch as I just talked to u not that long ago on them, all plugs where sent postal mail, so not sure how long that will take......im not asking for any one to pick up any of my slack or even pay for it it is my doings and I will deal with it......now as that goes I have other stuff going on that I will not go in to details about that I have only told a few people, that promised me they wouldn't say anything on here about it and havent, thank u Lorenzo for keeping what we talked about between us, everyone I sold stuff to has my person am number, and can text me or call me at any time, I have try to communicate with all these people, and will continue to do so until they revive there stuf....pete u didn't sell me the fuel alan did u only payed for it and I payed u two weeks after u bought it for me because I couldn't pick it up, u all have my number and now k ow where the he'll i work at but do not call my **** job looking for me , they r already pissed because some one sent them this , because of someone saying where I work at, witch never should have been told as they didn't need to know what was going on but now do and sure I won't be there much longer after this, I'm not a bad guy nor have I ever been threw this much hate in my life befor,maybe if I told u guys what I have only told a few people u would k ow y this is going on but I will get all the rest of what needs to go out....i am very very truly sry u all had to wait and go threw this with me , I never intended for any of this to go this way at all or even end up being like this....this is my mess and only my mess and no one else mess and will clean it up best I can..mike, Marty Darryl,and to my boss I'm sry for makein g u guys look bad

Hello James,

We have never met, but I would like to help you. The guys that you run with are as good as they get. Can you pm me your mailing address and the amount that you need to ship the items that you have sold?

Greg... youre a righteous cat... I know it... you know it... I been advised by numerous people to allow james... to sort james out... and he is... maybe... intently my posting may have been motivating.... maybe not... solving issues for a friend in need... possibly... anyway... it bothers me a tad I didn't respond in a timely manner early into this whole deal... and yeah.. i'm incredibly buried with life crap and will be.... regardless, there are truths, untruths and things coming that ill work out for everybody as the sad deal was and is... hobby lost another racer/hobbyist... James really showed improvement in the past few seasons installing the time and work into his hulls to the point id really liked the comp level I saw.... moot... sold and done... so... I'm sorry to those had raw deals... he'll get it straight... james knows... you got guts brother.. show up and stand up.... hang tough and call me... please... excersise patience... and move on.... mike

Look I'm working on this plz, and no no one else should have to pick up anything I do, I did ask Mike to help me out awhile back to help ship this stuff out and would pay him back when money was released, so I could get all this stuff out because but he is busy with work, all payments where pending because it was in my wife's account and couldn't send anything because they where pending, us I have other things going on that I have been dealing with and yes If I didn't have the money to ship it out then I never should have sold it, but was not accounting for the money to be held for three weeks,I want to say sry to the guys that I have ran with and now have made look like fool's because they know me....and I'm sry to the people who have had to wait so lo g for there stuff, I will get the boats out to u Mitch as I just talked to u not that long ago on them, all plugs where sent postal mail, so not sure how long that will take......im not asking for any one to pick up any of my slack or even pay for it it is my doings and I will deal with it......now as that goes I have other stuff going on that I will not go in to details about that I have only told a few people, that promised me they wouldn't say anything on here about it and havent, thank u Lorenzo for keeping what we talked about between us, everyone I sold stuff to has my person am number, and can text me or call me at any time, I have try to communicate with all these people, and will continue to do so until they revive there stuf....pete u didn't sell me the fuel alan did u only payed for it and I payed u two weeks after u bought it for me because I couldn't pick it up, u all have my number and now k ow where the he'll i work at but do not call my **** job looking for me , they r already pissed because some one sent them this , because of someone saying where I work at, witch never should have been told as they didn't need to know what was going on but now do and sure I won't be there much longer after this, I'm not a bad guy nor have I ever been threw this much hate in my life befor,maybe if I told u guys what I have only told a few people u would k ow y this is going on but I will get all the rest of what needs to go out....i am very very truly sry u all had to wait and go threw this with me , I never intended for any of this to go this way at all or even end up being like this....this is my mess and only my mess and no one else mess and will clean it up best I can..mike, Marty Darryl,and to my boss I'm sry for makein g u guys look bad
Well,,,, in the middle of this "I'm sorry. I'm not a bad guy. I have so much going on. I'm not a thief" post James states he had shipped all of the glow plugs owed.

Has anyone received anything from James?

I didn't think so!

I have placed and received 2 separate orders from Washington state to Florida.

There has been MORE than enough time to get everyone's stuff out.

James, you ARE a thief, a liar and pretty much the lowest form of human existence!

You are an oxygen thief and a steaming pile of dog crap!

If I ever have the great pleasure of crossing paths with you. I will extract every glow plug owed out of you lying thieving ass!

Don't know if it will help or not but I sent a few pistons and sleeves to a guy in Utah for re-chroming years ago and after months of the same sorta crap I called a collection agency near him. They advised me to send a registered letter assigning a fare market value to all the items owed and if they were not returned within two weeks that the collection agency would be knocking on his door. Apparently they work for a percentage and can be very nasty, calling his home, showing up at work, ruining what's left of a credit rating, etc., etc.

Got my chit a week later...
default_sleep.png

Back