• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Out drive sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Edwards

New to rc racing. I would like to know what is the best out drive system for a sport 40 hydro., strut assembly and rudder???? Comments on OPS & CMB enines would also be a help/ Thanks

hi jack, the strut needs to be under the hull,the drive dog cannot go past the tramsom.depending on what hull you want to run,the rudder is separate,mounted on either the left side or right side of transom.

also some boats run better with a flat bottom strut and visa versa. there are going to be a million opinion's on what motors to run.i have ran just about every one out there.same with props and pipes,many to chose from.depends how much$$ and serious you want to get. i have ran a os max 46 what would be consiered by todays standards slow and won div and national events with. the key is a good hull

strong dependable motor,right prop, and lots of trial and error..set up,trying different stuff and testing,testing and more testing.there are tons of guy's on here and at your local pond that will be more than

happy to help you out with anything you need,and never be afrais to ask questions,that'how you learn the best.good luck and welcome to the hobby and IW. mike costanzo. :)

New to rc racing. I would like to know what is the best out drive system for a sport 40 hydro., strut assembly and rudder???? Comments on OPS & CMB enines would also be a help/ Thanks
So where are you planing to race? Check out some local guys boats if youhave anyone to help. The 40 sport boats do run the struts under the hull the strut can be set even with the transom.

Most everyone would get the struts and rudders and motor mounts from Speedmaster. There are a few other hardware manufacture too.

www.rossisales.com ( Speedmaster)

www.accu-techrchardware.com

Check my sport 40 boats too.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10051

hi jack, the strut needs to be under the hull,the drive dog cannot go past the tramsom.depending on what hull you want to run,the rudder is separate,mounted on either the left side or right side of transom.

also some boats run better with a flat bottom strut and visa versa. there are going to be a million opinion's on what motors to run.i have ran just about every one out there.same with props and pipes,many to chose from.depends how much$$ and serious you want to get. i have ran a os max 46 what would be consiered by todays standards slow and won div and national events with. the key is a good hull

strong dependable motor,right prop, and lots of trial and error..set up,trying different stuff and testing,testing and more testing.there are tons of guy's on here and at your local pond that will be more than

happy to help you out with anything you need,and never be afrais to ask questions,that'how you learn the best.good luck and welcome to the hobby and IW. mike costanzo. :)
the strut needs to be under the hull,the drive dog cannot go past the transom Mike This is incorrect, the strut may not come past the transom, The drive dog however may, you might be thinking of the scale rules........Mike

the strut needs to be under the hull,the drive dog cannot go past the transom Mike This is incorrect, the strut may not come past the transom, The drive dog however may, you might be thinking of the scale rules........Mike
hey mikie, is this the ruling for both NAMBA and IMPBA?it has been awhile,and maybe is was thinking of scale. thanks for the heads up.mike.

Latest posts

Back