OT- something else to piss you off .......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to know, what the hell is our president doing about this? NOTHING... of course.. this is where he makes his money... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Do a little research, he ain't the only one on Capitol Hill who has "big oil" in their back pocket, many of your "elected officials" are getting quite fat with "big oil" at our expense. Why do you think they steer clear of the subject even though it is THE no. 1 issue concerning US voters........... <_<

There have always been people in our country who have become rich . The only difference is that back when, they gave back to the community or country out of a sence of obligation and respect for the country that made them that way. Today there is no sence of obligation, only a concern for keeping the stock holders happy.

Yup it sucks to be the consumer but thats where we are. Free market of supply vs demand always hold true. As long as the customer is paying for it, the price is right. When the customer stops buying it, the price is too high.

The only way we can control prices is to start piling into some 40+ MPG cars 4 - 5 men deep and carpool to work and leave the big thrsty V8s in the garage for a year or so. Then you'll see some gas prices falling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you think they steer clear of the subject even though it is THE no. 1 issue concerning US voters
Maybe for you, mine is all these illegal cockroaches in my area...... :angry:

Don.........It is quite funny to hear a man who has the luxury to sit in front of his computer and make almost NINE THOUSAND POSTS ABOUT TOY BOATS complain about how someone else has it better. Why don't you quit spending the thousands of dollars you spend on R/C and donate that money to the starving and homeless? To them, you are just as unfairly rich as the you think successful business people are. I have always stayed away from this kind of topic for fear of losing friends.....the older I get the more I realize I need to be more afraid of losing my country.

Eric Canto

Quote: (Convenience Store News)

"LONDON -- In a statement of BP plc's fourth-quarter financial results, the major oil company gave additional details of its restructuring plan announced by chief executive Tony Hayward, which include the reduction of 5,000 jobs by the middle of next year and a planned 15 to 20 percent cut in corporate overheads, the Financial Times reported."

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't BP in the same business as Shell and Exxon?

Bet there are at least 5,000 FAMILIES who wish THEIR company had the profit levels of those other petroleum companies.

Back