OT AC/DC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Took my wife,son and 17 year old granddaughter to the AC/DC Black Ice concert last sunday...... those guys are AGELESS! Angus ripped all night nonstop....they havent lost a step...My granddaughter has never been to a ROCK concert before....just Britany Spears and that kind of garbage...she couldnt believe how LOUD they were! we were deaf and hoarse for 2 days...LONG LIVE ROCKNROLL!!

I heard it was REALLY loud- well over 92 db :p

I can just picture Bill now with the "Grandkids Rule" Tee shirt jamming away to A/C -D/C :eek:

No I can't :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very cool Grandpa Bill, your their hero forever........ B) Although mom and dad are gonna be non to happy about them jamming back in black at full volume in the house........

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played bass in numerous local/regional bands over the years, and I've always said I could teach anyone how to play AC/DC tunes on bass.. one handed...lol.. If you can pump steady eighth notes hitting the open A, D, and E strings, you got it nailed.... I've been known to put my left hand behind my back watching the game at the back of the bar playing through a few of their tunes... Kinda goes to show simplicity is the best way to go... Annyhoo, reminds me of a conversation I had with my sons several years back..

I was stressing the importance of finishing school and/or learning a trade.. and I told them there was only one high paying job I knew of that required very little skill or education.. AC/DC has a bass player... Maybe I ought to include being a member of the Detroit Lions on the list...

Just made me realize I'm trying to work too hard for a living.....

Interesting that AC/DC's lead singers, Bon Scott and his replacement Brian Johnson, share the same inability to enunciate both in the studio and live. After the albums release and months of radio play, I wondered what in blazes "dunder cheese" could possibly be..... maybe some vile, fermented Aussie concoction? Then one day I saw the album cover in a record store (remember them?)..... Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap. :p

Stand up comedian Jim Breuer does a fantastic impersonation of Brian Johnson.... Comedy Central does occassional reruns of his one hour special.

I remember the first time i saw these guys..it was on Don Kirchners rock concert..'79 or '80... they did "whole lotta Rosie"....Bon Scott and that God awful shrill voice of his..i was hooked! I think AC/DC has little to do with perfection or complexity..thier only gimmick they've ever had is Anguses school boy outfit to this day...Brian Johnson looks like he is about to have a heart attack with every word he strains to get out...I think the hook is energy and power without hi tech garbage. And the fact that for 35 years these guys PACK the houses they perform in is they have never really changed the style of the music they play..its from the gut...and there are very few bands out there that the same can be said for regardless of musical ability...I think the term is ...selling out!

Took my wife,son and 17 year old granddaughter to the AC/DC Black Ice concert last sunday...... those guys are AGELESS! Angus ripped all night nonstop....they havent lost a step...My granddaughter has never been to a ROCK concert before....just Britany Spears and that kind of garbage...she couldnt believe how LOUD they were! we were deaf and hoarse for 2 days...LONG LIVE ROCKNROLL!!
Hey Bill,

Did you wear your schoolboy outfit!!!!!!!!! AC/DC was my second concert ever, back when Bon was still frontman, Highway to Hell was their tour. O, the good ol' days of the Lakeland Civic Center. Black Ice is a good album, reminds me of Back in Black.

P.S. ROCK N ROLL AIN'T NOISE POLLUTION.........................

RP

Hey Bill,

Did you wear your schoolboy outfit!!!!!!!!! AC/DC was my second concert ever, back when Bon was still frontman, Highway to Hell was their tour. O, the good ol' days of the Lakeland Civic Center. Black Ice is a good album, reminds me of Back in Black.

RP
Randy, I wish you could have seen the looks on my granddaughters face....the first song they played was rocknroll train.....the first look was fear, followed by amazement, then joy..she screamed the rest of the night.... it was HILAROUS! Right on man! Right on! I DO remember the LCC...man are we gettin old or WHAT??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bill,

RP
Randy, I wish you could have seen the looks on my granddaughters face....the first song they played was rocknroll train.....the first look was fear, followed by amazement, then joy..she screamed the rest of the night.... it was HILAROUS! Right on man! Right on! I DO remember the LCC...man are we gettin old or WHAT??

Its scary how time goes by. LCC was a killer venue, just big enough to draw good groups, small enough to really rattle the walls. Saw Aerosmith there in 1980 when Tyler and Perry were known as the Toxic Twins, Ozzy (with Black Sabbath) and Judas Priest (before Halfords"coming OUT")and will never forget when Ted Nugent jumped from the top of his Marshall Amp tower. Did you ever go to Curtis Hixon Hall, downtown Tampa for the old 98 ROCK cheap shows, groups like Stillwater or Tampa Bays Guitar Army (The OUTLAWS).

GREEN GRASS AND HIGH TIDES FOREVER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RP

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.. Good Needle and Good Water

Back