• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold OS Speed B2104 (huge discount)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The black one, part # 13952 is an OS Speed engine, a little better all the way thru.
However, I have not had any of the silver, part # 13951, so have not been able to compare side by side.
I believe you will be satisfied with a newer OS engine no matter what type you may pick.

Now if more of you guys across the pond would put your love and bucks on OS engines, it might be an idea looking into the flywheel option for SG shafts. ;-)

https://www.os-engines.co.jp/english/timeline/O.S.1936_2020.pdf

View attachment 313677
That is the problem on the sg it just needs a thinner flywheel so you can get a collet on it. I would love to have a flywheel with only a few mm inner thickness. How hard would it be to make a few I am sure they would sell on here all day long if we could use a standard collet.

That is the problem on the sg it just needs a thinner flywheel so you can get a collet on it. I would love to have a flywheel with only a few mm inner thickness. How hard would it be to make a few I am sure they would sell on here all day long if we could use a standard collet.
It is not hard at all, I mean people have been traveling to the moon for quit some time, sooo..... 😂
It is all about how much effort one should put into it. If I needed them my self they would have been available already 😁
Ref standard collet, the threads are the same on the SG shaft, it just has to be chopped off, no big deal, and as you say a shorter flywheel.
The main issue today is that most things has become rather expensive compared to what it was just a few years back, and many people invest a lot less in modelhobby. And, making custom parts in low quantities.... Well, 💸💸💸💸

It is not hard at all, I mean people have been traveling to the moon for quit some time, sooo..... 😂
It is all about how much effort one should put into it. If I needed them my self they would have been available already 😁
Ref standard collet, the threads are the same on the SG shaft, it just has to be chopped off, no big deal, and as you say a shorter flywheel.
The main issue today is that most things has become rather expensive compared to what it was just a few years back, and many people invest a lot less in modelhobby. And, making custom parts in low quantities.... Well, 💸💸💸💸
I totally understand on having to spend the time and materials to make them in such small batches. I just know I have seen about 6 or 7 Car engines on youtube and ebay that I would like to try someday If I had a easy to throw on flywheel for the sg shaft. Some of these new car engines are pretty tricked out for a good price I am seeing lately.

I totally understand on having to spend the time and materials to make them in such small batches. I just know I have seen about 6 or 7 Car engines on youtube and ebay that I would like to try someday If I had a easy to throw on flywheel for the sg shaft. Some of these new car engines are pretty tricked out for a good price I am seeing lately.
The VZ-M flywheel kit did almost fit, could have had 3-4 mm more threads and it would have been like kuk i Kari 😅
When you say standard collet, what is that in particullar?

Attachments

• 9A094FFA-C1D2-4EE3-9CD3-61F6624048BA.jpeg
    9A094FFA-C1D2-4EE3-9CD3-61F6624048BA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
The black one, part # 13952 is an OS Speed engine, a little better all the way thru.
However, I have not had any of the silver, part # 13951, so have not been able to compare side by side.
I believe you will be satisfied with a newer OS engine no matter what type you may pick.

Now if more of you guys across the pond would put your love and bucks on OS engines, it might be an idea looking into the flywheel option for SG shafts. ;-)

https://www.os-engines.co.jp/english/timeline/O.S.1936_2020.pdf

View attachment 313677
View attachment 313678

Joern- could you shed any light on the OS Inflight Needle Valve #OSM71703009, please?....they seem to have disappeared here in the US, and dealers are saying they don't know if or when they'll be available again.

osm71703009.jpg

The VZ-M flywheel kit did almost fit, could have had 3-4 mm more threads and it would have been like kuk i Kari 😅
When you say standard collet, what is that in particullar?
Same collet like you have there . if that flywheel could be put in your mill and thinned in the middle would probably work fine I would think .

If you can find the OS flywheels they will fit and you can use
Joern- could you shed any light on the OS Inflight Needle Valve #OSM71703009, please?....they seem to have disappeared here in the US, and dealers are saying they don't know if or when they'll be available again.

View attachment 313685
I ordered one recently from Amain hobbies. It was backordered, but after a month it was in stock and mailed to me.

That's awesome. I bet they all use the same cone taper now days as well. I wish you could turn out some of these. Love it.
Better to make them for the std cone, same as the clutch flywheel use and that is provided with the engine.
I’ll see if there could be an opening. Still waiting for surgery and kind of disabled both physically and mentally

Better to make them for the std cone, same as the clutch flywheel use and that is provided with the engine.
I’ll see if there could be an opening. Still waiting for surgery and kind of disabled both physically and mentally
Yes, that would be best to implement the same car/buggy engine shaft architecture if designing a belt start flywheel.

By the way, best wishes on your surgery and health concerns.

None of the recent engines, no. Believe the current OPS outboard and inboard share the same bore/ stroke as the OS XM.
However, I do think the BP outboard shares the same bore/ stroke as the R2104/ 2105.
The B2104 should be able to use older 14mm Novarossi outboard cranks though, or cranks from Rody’s recent OS outboard

Back