OS O/B Flex cable

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltr

Hey gang,

Anyone make replacement flex cables that are stronger than the ones supplied by OS for the O/Bs.

THANKS!!

Walt, the OS are crap...the flex they use is too small which means the square isn't big enough when they crimp it... IMHO that is

I have got them and postage is only a couple of bucks

Walt, the OS are crap...the flex they use is too small which means the square isn't big enough when they crimp it... IMHO that is

Hi Kris,

I'd like to purchase a few of your OS cables and need a cost please.

I have no use for the OS made ones. We broke 2 last week.

Do you take Pay-Pal?

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

PM sent also

Larry, Kris's shafts work great. Last year my son Mitchell broke 4 OS shafts. We put one of Kris's shafts in and it has lasted a long time.

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the comments! It is good to get feedback from others!

When you get one of mine or a lawless one (even a K& B) put it side by side with an OS and you will see a difference! The cable looks dodgy and it doesn't have a full square

For those who dont know my shafts are $8au each and postage is only a couple of bucks (free if you buy 4 or more)

Cheers

Kris

Just curious what power head everyone is using to break so many shafts. I have only broke 1 shaft on my OS in several years use and that happened after I hit something in the water.

Stock OS powerhead. You must have gotten a good one or your not loading it with enough prop.

OS. The factory shaft can't handle a shock load, like if the prop looses it bite and hooks up again. I haven't broken one yet with my Mac to OS conversion, but I am running a Lawless shaft. Kris I would like to try some of your cables, Is it true that if I order 4 I get free shipping?

Larry

Yep buy 4, get free postage (till the end of month for now)

I have not broken any of my shafts in my OS.

I must note, This does not mean they will NEVER break, it just means that for me they last. I oil my shafts almost every run (If I remember) with outboard gear oil. I used to use a 50/50 mix of stop smoke and ATF but that stuff gets REALLY messy and is hard to clean of everything LOL

Cheers

Kris

i've run some of kris' shafts in my rek/k&b's for more than a year now. very strong & flexible. somewhere in between k&b & lawless cables in stiffness. he also made them to my length specs to match the rek's requirements for a longer flex B) . lawless in a k&b ob can be too long, have a few trashed drive dogs, where the too long cable wedged/lodged in there.

I broke 4 OS cables in 2 weeks with stock power. I couldnt figure out the problem . I was running a SS Prather 215, perfectly balanced. I switched to a X440 and havent broke one sense. I think the Prather 215 was just to much prop on the heavy TS2. Dont know what pitch prop your running but if its a tall one, that might be your problem....

OK, the other thing that can cause cable failue is your setup. If the boat is hopping down the straights then you are asking for trouble...you more than likely need to drop the prop lower or make sure the motor and skeg are square on the boat (looking at the transom)

No sure on the props being the cause but a 40X53 (ABC or Grimracer) are awsome props in stock form (just balanced and sharpened)

Kris

HOLY CRAP I just saw on Tower they are selling the OS shafts for $13.99US or $15 something with the teflon! I should raise my prices ;)

Guys,

Due to an accidental double order, I still have a good supply of the OS-size shafts that I have been selling for quite a while. I think they are a good bit stronger than the stock OS shafts, but you don't have to take my word for it. Hobby Products, of Osaka, Japan, a major distributor of all things hobby in Japan, buys my shafts to distribute over there, even though they are right down the street from the OS factory. I still sell them for $9.00 each, 3 for $25.00 or 6 for $48.00, plus $5.00 priority shipping anywhere in the US. They come with a free teflon liner in every package. E-mail or call to order ([email protected] or 607-687-0143). Visa and MC accepted. Please DON'T use this forum's message service for an order desk. Thanks

Fred Howe

LawlessMan

Troy & Others,

The Prather 215 is not too much propeller for an O.S.-XM-21-OB

You should try an oiler set up on that motor, it will keep the

shaft lubed all the time. A much better set up and it will last

quite a long time well lubed. FYI, an Octura 1440 B/C runs very

well on that O.S.platform with only 2.57" of T.E. cup.

Others,

You do not need to run a lot of propeller with the O.S. motor,

it would rather spin up nicely with less T.E. cup for more RPM

and SPEED.

Keep Testing Propellers,

Mark Sholund

Back