OS hinge plate on Lawless lower

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Cesati

Guys,

Can someone who has both an OS and a Lawless lower please measure the dimensions of the hinge plate and tell me whether the plate would fit on the hinge pin of the Lawless?

Thanks!

Rick

You mean the hinge pin diameter? The pin of an OS is bigger than a standard K&B/Lawless pin.

Is that what you mean?

~ James

Thanks James. That's part of it. I am also curious as to the height of the hinge opening. Basically, I looking for a small offset mount for my lawless. Like the original power surge mount.

rick, how small an offset you looking for? you can use the adjustable plate out of an old prather style mount. drill mount holes in it, bolt it directly to the transom, & bolt the hinge plate to the slots in the plate. use the slots for up & down adj., & shim between the hinge plate & prather plate for tilt. minimal offset that way. i like it because you never have to loosen the thru transom bolts to adj, unlike some other mounts. seal 'em & forget 'em B) .

rick, how small an offset you looking for? you can use the adjustable plate out of an old prather style mount. drill mount holes in it, bolt it directly to the transom, & bolt the hinge plate to the slots in the plate. use the slots for up & down adj., & shim between the hinge plate & prather plate for tilt. minimal offset that way. i like it because you never have to loosen the thru transom bolts to adj, unlike some other mounts. seal 'em & forget 'em B) .
I just might have one of them Prather mounts for sale!!! If he is interested and its the same one you are talking about....

i've never used the lawless, but from what james said, i would guess k&b. i've got a few (dozen), lmk if you need one.

Latest posts

Back