OS 21D carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm, $47 for the carb isn't bad for an os carb like that, may have to check it out.

wow, that's a sweet looking enclosed-plug water jacket on that motor :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one knarly looking carb.The water cooled plug i'm not sure about. Seems like it could be a pain in the ass.

ken t. said:
That is one knarly looking carb.The water cooled plug i'm not sure about. Seems like it could be a pain in the ass.
105764[/snapback]

I think the water plug deal was something a lot of racers did about 10 years ago. John Ackerman, Tom Grannis and others did that modification. It did not seem to work that good on 21s but worked well on the larger engines. The trick was to cool the glowplug so higher compression ratios could be ran without taking the plug out. Yes they are a pain in the behind. If you don't tighten it down enough it will come out while running. If you drop it in the engine compartment the threads will get dinged and it will not screw in,forget about it if you drop it in the grass LOL

I still run the water cool plug on the 21 with good results.And as Norm said you can run more compression.

Back