os 21 xm header length

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared Cruthird

setting up a os 21 xm with a hp silver bullet pipe and htb header what length should i start cutting the header at?

Because the stock OS muffler works very, very well if the motor is propped, plugged and needled right. It's very capable of running very fast without a tuned pipe.

I have tried that exact combo mentioned on a friends stock OS/Lynx, and it was dissapointing - even with the pipe and header cut to get it as short as possible. The stock timing is on the low side for a pipe, especially for a "longer pipe" like the silver bullet where the length to the stinger is longer than say an Irwin pipe.

Raising the timing on a nickel sleeve is possible, but it's more likely to flake the plating off. If you really must have a piped set-up on an OS, consider putting the modified RG liner (chrome plated) and having the timings set a lot higher to suit a pipe. There are some that can get the OS working very well with a pipe - it's entirely possible to do. For me, I'll stick with the stock OS muffler.

thanks for chimin in on this tim.,,,, he has the rg sleeve which i will raise the timing on but,,,,i dont have the time right now to make the tooling to hold the sleeve for the o.d machining..im just to far behind...i shot kris a pm im waiting on a reply...i hope he can help as even though he is where u are and it seems like a pain in shipping and all,,,by the time i could get to spin the sleeve i bet it would be close to snowin over here...lol....the automotive business is rockin for me right now and leaves me with near zero time...add the kids and wife and bam neg. zero time....lol...

ac

Latest posts

Back