Orlic Carb Nova 46 DD (Help)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jose, if there is a 3mm gap, then by all means it needs trimmed. I wasnt aware the gap was that big from the picture. If Greg said to trim it, then I would assume he did his homework. Greg is usually a pretty good source of info B)

Sorry, I didnt realize the gap was so large. I know on my .21's I can press them a little harder and get it to slide past the lower O-Ring, then hold it while tightening the screw and it bottoms out. Sorry guys.

Rodney,

No problem. On mine I believe that the gap is even bigger than 3mm, more like 1/8" or even 1/4" so you can understand my concern about compressing the o ring.

I guess I will just cut it down.

Thanks,

I tried to attach picture.
Jose,

When you insert the carb, you should feel a slight resistance, and then a snap when the carb seats in the internal neck o-ring. If you are feeling it snap, then you are seating properly. Either way, a fat o-ring on the outside as suggested is needed as well. If you do not feel the snap, the sharp outside edge is probably catching on the o-ring. Slightly beveling the sharp edge with a file will fix this issue..... ;) Good luck.

Guys,

Here is a picture of both carbs...you can see where the orlic carb bottoms out and the outside o ring stops...ok if this o ring is not compressed will this affect the performance of this motor....why is there a gap from the body of this carb and not from the factory one? ,does anyone have Mr. Orlic s email or number???

20130827_132952-1.jpg

Guys,

I want to talk to Frank but he has not responded to my PM I tried the e mail and I'm getting and incorrect e mail address...

Thanks,

I will have to wait until he see my PM to him.

Jose

Before I cut mine, I did talk to him and he said he did not know about the issue so I asked him can I cut it he said yes.But check with him first.

Rene

No worries Rodney, that's what I like about this forum, you come across a problem / issue, post it on here and some of the best RC minds in the world have input to help sort it out and get the desired result in the end for us novices. All input much appreciated.

Ok guys,

I got a responce from Mr. Orlic he told me that yes there were a few carbs that got out with longer necks. He said we can take them down on a belt sander and reduce the lenght of these necks without harming the performance of these carbs, also if I was not sure that I could handle this just to send him back the carbs and that he would take care of this for me.

so we have it take the necks down to the correct lenght and we are good to go!!!!

Good luck,

Thanks,

Jose

Well I believe I have successfully trimmed the neck of the carb down to the approx size of the standard carb and it fits real nice, just need to find a 90degree fitting for it now instead of the straight out fitting, any ideas on where to get one in Aus?

Wayne,

I will have a few here in the next week or so send me your address and I will send you a few of them. ( no cost I will just send 3 of them should be no problem to get them to you).

Jose

Latest posts

Back