Orlic Carb Nova 46 DD (Help)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose F Cid

Need some help with the Orlic 46DD Nova carb the neck of the carb is somewhat longer than the neck of the Nova carb do I use the o ring on the Orlic carb or not ???

The fuel nipple is plastic but when I installed it on my Eagle I cannot connect the fuel line as I have no room I need to replace the nipple to 90 degree one I believe that the tread size is 10/32 and the ID of the nipple is .897 or about 3/32" where can I get these does anyone have a source for these ???

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Jose

We just push them down til they snap past the bottom o-ring and tighten them up. Not sure where we aquired the plastic 90's for the fuel nipple though. Ill try and find out.

Here is the 90* white fitting part number:

2974K373

And here is the straight white fitting part number:

2974K117

Both from McMaster Carr. They are 1/8 inch barb with 10-32 thread.

i have just come across the carby neck issue also. I asked the question over here in Aus and was told to either cut it to length or sand on a belt sander to get length i need

You can press it down past the bottom o-ring and it will bottom out just fine. No need to cut.

Look at my condition I can't go down any more do the question is how we compress the o ring.

Jose, place a fat O-Ring in there and press it down tight while you tighten the screw. I had to do the same with my .21 Orlics.

If you want it to bottom out without an O-Ring, then yes, they are too long.

I will measure it today...but do I cut the carb for the single o ring to be pressed against the carb body and motor case like the factory carb or is it ok to leave it long with the single o ring..what i don't understand how would it seal with the one o ring and the longer neck I would think that it would be correct with the neck like the factory one.

That is what I plan on doing Jose, try and get it as close as possible to the standard carb. Rodney, if you push it through is there any chance of it fowling any rotating parts in the case in that area?

Wayne,

No for sure the hole on the motor case has a lip that the carb will bottom out just above the crank so there is no way for you to push it to far down to damage anything inside the motor. I would like to get some some kind of imput from Fran Orlic on this. Would it be ok to cut the neck of his carb without damaging the peformance of his carb, why did he make them so long ??? is there a reason behind his design??? I would not want to cut it down unless I have to. For my appilcation if my Nova 46 carb sat lower on my motor it would be a better fit on my Eagle and I could use the provided fuel nipple as it sits. The way it is now I have to use a 90 degree one that I would have to buy before I can run this carb as my carb sits to high and rubs against the cowl.

We have left them long and cut them down without noticing a difference in performance. I prefer to leave them long but if it needs to be cut down to better fit your application I think you'll be fine. Also never had an issue with them sucking air with the o ring only in the case.

I guess that if I want to try it this weekend I would cut it down so that it compresses the o ring. I'm just not sure with that gap about 3mm with a single o ring how that would work. I just dont see how an o ring that is not correctly sealed or compressed is doing it's job.

Back