Once again....GP3300 cells

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Integy uses a very poor process for matching cells. fact

Fuller's batteries are fine, but they are no better than SMC, Promatch or any other good matcher. 1.19 11 IR's are not the best Dick but I am certian that you have some that are better than that ;) In fact 1.20 is very common in some cases of cells. Looks like B&T must be shipping the best to other buyers ;) fact

You can't have true records on non surveyed courses using a stop watch. True records are set at time trials only, that you have done. Ed has accomplished the same and Ed also started and developed the entire sport for others to enjoy. fact

I'd say one hotdog team will be gone soon...I guess we will just have to wait and see ;)
Hey, we agree on something regarding Integy. Perhaps there process works for the car guys, but I sure felt like I was running the dog cells out of the case.

The last pack I got from Fuller were showing numbers from 1.20 and 1.21 at 10 and 11 IR. These were 20 amp numbers and .90 cut off. Sounds like this is more on par with what should be expected from what I've read in your posts. It's nice to see that cells are getting stronger over time then the other way around.

Hey, you mentined you knew that B&T was sending better cells to other places. Can you give me a few names so I can try a few of these better packs. I don't know who all B&T deals with and will continue to buy cells from Fuller, but still buy from a few others from time to time.

Not sure what your comment about records meant. My guess is that you're throwing out the oval records because of timing and surveying issues. Fair enough. It also sounds like you're giving me credit for the straigt line records I've set, Good. Why you threw Ed in there gets me scratching my head? Ed has accomplised some nice records over the years, but hasn't matched the same performance, Fact.

Ed may have helped the sport get going in your area and that's great, but he has had little influence on myself or others in this area. Jerry Dunlap and Dave Frank get most of the credit out here for me. From what I've heard Ed has done a great job. I've never raced him, I hope to someday. Several people who have, that I know say he is a nice guy.

I don't see what any of this has to do with this Battery thread, but thought I'd clear up any misconceptions from my end.

Dick

"Ed has accomplised some nice records over the years, but hasn't matched the same performance, Fact."

You might want to check the IMPBA oval records Dick....do you have any? Ed has a ton of them on surveyed courses, that's my point. If it's not on a surveyed timed course, it's not a record. FACT

If you have 1.20's, that great Dick....I wonder why all he has listed is 1.19's? Oh, your sponsored, that's right.

No Steve, I don't have any IMPBA records. I do have several NAMBA oval records but the use of stopwatches seems to void these for you. All I have left to compare with is staightline records. I don't think you want to go there either. It's getting hard these days to find excuses huh?

I love when you have real information about batteries. I hold your experitise in that area as high as any and learn from you all of the time. I have heard many differnt ways to handle NiMH cells, but I only follow your guidelines.

It's the rest of the stuff that I shake my head about. There is no doubt we both have a chip on our shoulder about each other. If you want to keep trying to find someone to outdo me great. Last I checked I was the fastest electric racer in the US on a surveyed course and electronic timing and that is a fact. I'm sure there will be a day when when somebody else around here will go faster. It's the nature of this sport and the talent sure exists for that to happen sooner then later. Shoot, with my luck it will be someone running Hilltop sport packs with car motors and a gear drive. In reality it will probably take the best cells out of your cases and a brushless motor.

When it's all said and done I will hold to the same thing I said in the beginning. All I want is the best cells in the case. They will be no better then yours unless you have some special deal with the battery manufacturer. I beleve I am getting these cells with the current process used by B&T and sold by Fuller.

As much as some would like to believe I don't get special packs, nobody does. Ray only buys the best from B&T. That is the deal he has with him. Every pack is great. I see racers all of the time with cells bought from Fuller that are the same as mine.

I have updated Rays site to reflect the numbers from the latest pack I have.

Do we continue?

Dick

Guys

excellent vigorous thread

so we have some good cell data.

re saw records for ( and i wont say it here) ....sake get real - Right now Dick Jorge and Miha are the guys at the pointy end of this sport and Dick has been the pointy end for 3 year

Dick is the fastest American and the record is held by a non-American. Where are you guys aiming your guns?? (probably at me and Forrester lol)

Anyone for peeing out of the teepee rather than into it ?

Andrew Gilchrist

Good luck at the time trials.

Steve

No Steve, I don't have any IMPBA records. I do have several NAMBA oval records but the use of stopwatches seems to void these for you. All I have left to compare with is staightline records. I don't think you want to go there either. It's getting hard these days to find excuses huh?

I love when you have real information about batteries. I hold your experitise in that area as high as any and learn from you all of the time. I have heard many differnt ways to handle NiMH cells, but I only follow your guidelines.

It's the rest of the stuff that I shake my head about. There is no doubt we both have a chip on our shoulder about each other. If you want to keep trying to find someone to outdo me great. Last I checked I was the fastest electric racer in the US on a surveyed course and electronic timing and that is a fact. I'm sure there will be a day when when somebody else around here will go faster. It's the nature of this sport and the talent sure exists for that to happen sooner then later. Shoot, with my luck it will be someone running Hilltop sport packs with car motors and a gear drive. In reality it will probably take the best cells out of your cases and a brushless motor.

When it's all said and done I will hold to the same thing I said in the beginning. All I want is the best cells in the case. They will be no better then yours unless you have some special deal with the battery manufacturer. I beleve I am getting these cells with the current process used by B&T and sold by Fuller.

As much as some would like to believe I don't get special packs, nobody does. Ray only buys the best from B&T. That is the deal he has with him. Every pack is great. I see racers all of the time with cells bought from Fuller that are the same as mine.

I have updated Rays site to reflect the numbers from the latest pack I have.

Do we continue?

Dick

I'll be playing around...I can't run with you big dogs...woof, woof. I hope to see Ed kick some butt though.

Good luck anyway, time trials are a great place to see what works wether it's your boat or sombody elses. Either way you learn.

I hope Ed tears it up. I alwasy like to see people push the limits of our sport no matter who it is.

Dick

Hello Guys,

Funny, I was directed to this thread and found something interesting. When I made a comment it was edited for no good reason. I also never got an explanation. BUT, here is a bunch of pot stirring and finger pointing some of which comes from the guy who made the edit on my post. I made the right decision not to participate at this board any longer.

You sure know how to frost it Forrester.

Paul Pachmayer.

Paul

the combination of calm and paradox is outstanding lmao

hell my whole thread has been wiped off twice - its only words so my identity doesnt hang on it

hey why u so quiet on 700's

[quote author=Paul Pachmayer

what are you refering to? should not be any editing going on unless it was real nasty like use of profanity or other unethical stuff....

let me know,

tom

link=board=9;threadid=2856;start=45#msg26913 date=1064351500]

Hello Guys,

Funny, I was directed to this thread and found something interesting. When I made a comment it was edited for no good reason. I also never got an explanation. BUT, here is a bunch of pot stirring and finger pointing some of which comes from the guy who made the edit on my post. I made the right decision not to participate at this board any longer.

You sure know how to frost it Forrester.

Paul Pachmayer.

I just wish such good cells weren't so expensive...my cells are the same dollar number but are in AUD so there for a big difference :(

Also could someone please explain to me what zapping is, does and exactly how important it is to CP2400's?

Thanks

Kris

zapping discharges a capacitor bank through the cell. This helps to clear out the "channels" and lower the resistance. Pretty much it breaks up all of the deposits/clumps. I haven't ever actually looked into the exact chemistry though, so that's mostly theory.

Gene

It is thought that zapping repairs microscopic cell damage caused when the electrode is rolled. This repair process lowers the internal resistance giving the cell are better voltage profile during discharge.

Sorry about the currency exchange, not much we can do about that one.

Cells have dropped in prices during the past two years if that makes you feel a bit better. R/C 2400's use to be $6.00, virgin and unzapped. The GP3300 is $4.50 zapped and a much better cell. The HRSC and CP cells are also lower.

thanks

Steve

www.battlepack.com

I just wish such good cells weren't so expensive...my cells are the same dollar number but are in AUD so there for a big difference :(

Also could someone please explain to me what zapping is, does and exactly how important it is to CP2400's?

Thanks

Kris

MR HILL any news about higher capacity cells coming similiar to FULL C's nicads on your site. Also what type of additional runtime could i expect comparing the Full C nicad 3000's and 3600's. At the moment i'm getting about 2 mins at full thorottle with a twin 800 setup drawing off one 20 cell 3000 full C pack.

Nothing going on in the full C line Ken. The 3000CR cell is your best best I would think. I would think you will kill the GP3300's in this application. 2 min runs equals >75 amps for the run. I bet these cells are really hot. Is this correct?

thanks

Steve

Back