??? on pipes for a OS .18TZ

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my AB 21 ST pipes and had a chance for a short test session today...

HOLY ****!!! B)

I set the pipe to 6.5" (plug to the joint), had no problems launching props which used to cause minor troubles with the same setup but a "old" Brown 21 S pipe @7.5"

Lots of torque, lots of revs!!! That is how I like a pipe :D

Will try some even shorter settings next time.

HOLY ****!!! B)

I set the pipe to 6.5" (plug to the joint), had no problems launching props which used to cause minor troubles with the same setup but a "old" Brown 21 S pipe @7.5"

6.5 inches sounds real short. Are you following the center of the header, or measuring straight from the plug to the joint?

SEan

HOLY ****!!! B)

6.5 inches sounds real short. Are you following the center of the header, or measuring straight from the plug to the joint?

SEan

I ran right there around 6 3/4 also with the ss pipe on my 18tz also with good results..

My TZ always gave me fits...wonder if that is what I was screwing up...I think I was around 8 inches long measuring down the center of the header/pipe...

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY ****!!! B)

We also have a long header version of that pipe, the AB 21 STL, for MAC/CMB rear exhaust engines.

In order to give many of you a chance to try this AB 21 ST pipe on your .18 engine we will restart our pipe sale that was posted in the 'Manufactures for sale section'. :)

Good boating to all,

Andy

In order to give many of you a chance to try this AB 21 ST pipe on your .18 engine we will restart our pipe sale that was posted in the 'Manufactures for sale section'. :)
Good boating to all,

Andy
Darn it Andy.... :p I might just have to pick up an ST too...to try out...I am telling my wife it is your fault... B) I have not even got a pressure fitting in the SS yet...heh.

Sean

Good boating to all,

Andy
Darn it Andy.... :p I might just have to pick up an ST too...to try out...I am telling my wife it is your fault... B) I have not even got a pressure fitting in the SS yet...heh.

Sean
Sean,

Just tell her it's a SALE and you'll be saving $30 bucks! Wives understand that, don't they? :)

Hi All,
Yes I am running the AB 15N pipe and I am also running a CDmachine muffler on that pipe. So far the combination seams to be working very well. Thank you for a very well designed pipe and boat guys :)

Paul

OK, so some boaters would like to have a muffled version of that pipe?
OK, it looks like I missed out on the Father's Day sale but do I see that a muffled version of the AB 15N pipe is going to be available for my OS 18TZ?

OK, it looks like I missed out on the Father's Day sale but do I see that a muffled version of the AB 15N pipe is going to be available for my OS 18TZ?
Andy was putting his muffled .21 pipes on sale so folks could try them on the .18 engines Clint. I did see him ask if folks thought there was a demand for a muffled version of his small pipe, but did not see anyone answer...

I have his SS muffled pipe from the father's say sale, and have a coupld ST pipes on order from his July 4th sale....hoping to get them before my next trip to the pond so I can compare them to the MACS pipe I am running now. I also plan on putting one of these on that .21 mono I bought for the kids. Four RTRs, and a .21 mono...I should get some good testing in with the pipes...

Sean

Andy was putting his muffled .21 pipes on sale so folks could try them on the .18 engines Clint. I did see him ask if folks thought there was a demand for a muffled version of his small pipe, but did not see anyone answer...

I have his SS muffled pipe from the father's say sale, and have a coupld ST pipes on order from his July 4th sale....hoping to get them before my next trip to the pond so I can compare them to the MACS pipe I am running now. I also plan on putting one of these on that .21 mono I bought for the kids. Four RTRs, and a .21 mono...I should get some good testing in with the pipes...

Sean
Well, I for one am interested in the muffled AB15N. I have shortened my MACS 2.5 pipe on my TZ and been rewarded with even more top-end. I would like to compare it to one of Andy's small pipes. Since I run the data recorder, I will be able to record (10 times/sec) rpm, head temperature, and GPS speed to get a pretty accurate comparison. I am still sticking with the air-cooled but have made some cooling changes (with more to come).

I have seen how well your TZ and CVR ran with the 3.5 MACS pipe, so it will be interesting what you find out on Andy's pipes! Maybe we will go ahead and take back the speed record?!? I also want to go to one of the SAW races to try a few things when I have changed a few more things.

Last edited:
I have seen how well your TZ and CVR ran with the 3.5 MACS pipe, so it will be interesting what you find out on Andy's pipes! Maybe we will go ahead and take back the speed record?!? I also want to go to one of the SAW races to try a few things when I have changed a few more things.
I have "the idea" out of all the ideas I have had on that SAW thing...I plan to start putting together my project boat soon. The TZ with an ST pipe is going in it... I also have a few ounces of lead weights I picked up to try to keep it on the water this time...heh.

I have been spending more time on my monos than anything else. The 45 is getting closer to being tuned...the .21 still has a ways to go. I have the cooper RTR pipe on it now...waiting on the pipes from Andy to swap it out for one of his. Not sure if it will wind up with an ST or the SS pipe...but one will wind up on it.

Have you spent any time on that rigger?

Sean

I have "the idea" out of all the ideas I have had on that SAW thing...I plan to start putting together my project boat soon. The TZ with an ST pipe is going in it... I also have a few ounces of lead weights I picked up to try to keep it on the water this time...heh.

I have been spending more time on my monos than anything else. The 45 is getting closer to being tuned...the .21 still has a ways to go. I have the cooper RTR pipe on it now...waiting on the pipes from Andy to swap it out for one of his. Not sure if it will wind up with an ST or the SS pipe...but one will wind up on it.

Have you spent any time on that rigger?

Sean
I haven't but I need to put the data recorder back in it (just plugs in) and do some simulated heat racing using the third channel mixture control. I also need to loosen it up a little since the sponsons were spraying too much water. I am not going to heat race it again until I can do 6 respectable laps while practicing - too discouraging.

Have you thought about going to the next reasonably located SAW race? That would be fun.

If it was nearby...I would go just to see it. I really have nothing anywhere close to the caliber of the boats that would be there.

Sean

Latest posts

Back