Old paint

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Brown

Hey guys I just traded for a 40 seaducer it has a bowling ball pait job,and I would like to repaint this.What steps do I need to do for a repaint with a differant color?Thanks for your help.JB

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

Hey guys I just traded for a 40 seaducer it has a bowling ball pait job,and I would like to repaint this.What steps do I need to do for a repaint with a differant color?Thanks for your help.JB
Don't know why you would want to paint over that??? Does it have damage somewhere, or just not to your liking?

But if you do want to pant, you need to scuff sand the entire boat (down into the inside curves also) with 400 paper,

Clean REAL good with wax and grease remover (prepsolve).

prime and paint,,, do you know what you are going to use for paint?

Yea that`s what my buddy here said.Told me to leave it alone that the gel coat was better than paint so I guess I will.I was want to paint it to some what match my JAE.Thanks for the info,where do you race in Ga. are there more than 1 venue or just up in North GA.Thanks JB.

When you paint the bottom of a Ducer if you dont know how the bottom works on this boat you will trash it

Back