OK I'm back, with some Pics...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Hey All

Just got home Yesterday after a holiday i had which was based around the Nationals up in Sydney, Aus...I was pretty dissapointed about how there were no tunnel classes (which is the main class i wanted to see at the Nats)

But i did get to see TimD's F1-11 first hand plus i got a few pictures of it, mainly the wetside of course ;) but i wont post them on here just yet because i want to get Tim's OK for me to put them on here...i should also have a short video of it (only like 10 secs) running before the lake was closed because a diver had to go into the water to look for the remains of a 67 Hydro which hit boy 3 :eek: (AUD$2000 worth)

so it isnt dialed in properly but still looks nice :)

So please hold on for Tim's OK and i will respond with them if its alright ASAP

Kris

OK i also have a short Video (19 Secs) of Tim's tunnel running...Anyone know somewhere i can upload it to (for free) for all you guys to view?

As Tim knows, the boat was dialed in very good because he didnt get much time to run it, but it still looks good :)

kris,

Email me whatever you want and I will send you back the link to it so you can post it here.

-MikeP

Hey Kris,

You can post whatever you like!

Shame I didn't get another chance to give it a good run and dial it in for that smooth water (funny how it's always windy when I race it - so I usually leave it trimmed for bumpy water) and bolt the hopper 1440 on it - then it would have really hauled @ss.

Tim.

Thanks Mike...you got mail

Tim,

I just thought i would ask before posting because i didnt want to get into trouble for showing the 'high tech' wetside of the tunnel and giving out secrets ;)

he he he,

you must mean my High tech stumble blocks etc. etc.

I pulled the shaft out of it last night - snapped it like a twig!

Kris,

Here is the link to Tims movie.

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/video/timsf1-11.mpg

-MikeP

Tim,

Yep thats the sort of stuff ;)

Also, will you definately be going to the ACT titles? I hope i will be able to but if i find an apprenticeship i may not be able to ???, unless of course i have a good employer and i do some serious sucking up :p Ihope to meet up with you and Gary again to run some tunnels against each other, should good fun and hopefully it might give the class a bit of a push in the right direction :)

Thanks Mike, Much appreciated

Does anyone else (Mike?) know where i can upload the pics of Tim's boat i have? Because the file's (jpg) are around 900 KB each and this forum has a limit of 500...meanwhile i have attached some smaller (and not as good quality) copies of the pics i have, the originals are MUCH larger and better quality than these...

Kris

Thanks Kris ;D

Shame we didn't get to get it really dialed in for the camera, but you get the idea of how it run's now.

For those that don't know much about this little beast here's the details.

Motor = modified Short stroke Novarossi. Air cooled head with 3 fins. CMB redhead 9mm carb. Precisionboats crank, pto, mount. Lawless Outdrive 3.5 size with the tiny flexshafts! Tuned pipe is a GadjetCraft carbon fibre item.

The (too short) hull is a GadjetCraft F1-11 27 inch tunnel.

That was the first time I have ever got that boat on smooth water!

Tim,

Yep thats the sort of stuff ;)

Also, will you definately be going to the ACT titles? I hope i will be able to but if i find an apprenticeship i may not be able to ???, unless of course i have a good employer and i do some serious sucking up :p Ihope to meet up with you and Gary again to run some tunnels against each other, should good fun and hopefully it might give the class a bit of a push in the right direction :)

Kris
Yes Kris, I will be there as I am the race secretary! It should be a good event - there is a lot of interest in it. I'll be taking the 21 tunnel down there with me too.

When i get back home (later this week) i will email the larger pics to MikeP to be uploaded for all to view, once again, thanks Mike for being so helpful :)

If there are any other Aussies reading this and are going to the ACT titles could you please if you will be taking a digital camera that we can take some footage of the tunnels with that will be racing there? im sure everyone would like to see some "Action from Downunder"

Maybe GT will have one hopefully? :)

Tim,

Good to hear, and i bet it has some interest especially for folks like yourself who didnt have a vey forgiving race meet between christmas/new year

Kris

Hi Guy's,

Yes I'm also back from holidays but I went to the opposite side of Australia (no internet :'()

I will definately plan on running tunnels at the ACT titles. TimD - do you have a 7.5 as well? need a loaner?

I have pics from the Nats going to TimD tomorrow and I never go anywhere without my trusty digital camera. ;D

cheers

GT 8)

Back