ODMBA Record Trials

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I know the exact details of Kently's prop, I'd guesstiment he turned 37,000+ to run 74 mph. :)

So the 77 mph pass was at 38000 rpm and an 80 mph pass would need just a tack over 39000 rpm. That is doable. I will tell you this for a fact................Without andy's prop the boat was not near as fast.

I have seen, and I am not exaggerating: a ten mph gain using his props. It's not just the pitch, but how the prop lifts or doesn't lift that makes a big difference when you don't have trim tabs. Note.....I was not paid to say that, no animals were hurt in the making of that statement, Just a fact.

Andy,

That was a great job you did on the V937.

Frank,

Just my opinion, but KP's rigger must be turning 45,000 when it hits the fourth stage.

Orlic,

Your engines rock! We can get to your 39000 rpm design next time. Just need to shorten the pipe a bit. We had a lot of boats running that day and I didn't want to hog the water trying for more speed when others had not yet gotton where they wanted. KP and I were happy with the results and were ok with leaving something to shoot for next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
John, You know I have to ask, how about a pic of that WILD THING rocket. :D :D :D
It's on U-tube. Type in John Finch and Kentley Porter and it will pop up. That's the best picture I have. It is in the secret closet till next record trial.
Oh, I get it, I can show you, but then I'd have to kill ya. :lol: :lol: Took a shot, knew I had a snowballs chance to see that badboy close up. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

John, You know I have to ask, how about a pic of that WILD THING rocket. :D :D :D
It's on U-tube. Type in John Finch and Kentley Porter and it will pop up. That's the best picture I have. It is in the secret closet till next record trial.
Oh, I get it, I can show you, but then I'd have to kill ya. :lol: :lol: Took a shot, knew I had a snowballs chance to see that badboy close up. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
finch has given away all our secrets for 30 years :D i told him to keep two or three B)

finch has given away all our secrets for 30 years :D i told him to keep two or three B)
When the big man talks I listen.

Back