ODMBA Record Trials

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-ZAM

Had some good water today.

Unoffical results

Don Ferrette Twin 107.091

Fastest pass 109.809

John Finch/Kentley Porter B Mono 73.505

Fastest pass 77.63

Preston Hall A Mono 53.368

Fastest pass 54.598

Kentley Porter B Tunnel 65.047

Fastest pass 74.03

Kentley Porter C Tunnel 61.341

Fastest pass 68.4

Thanks for all the help!!

Kentley

Last edited by a moderator:
Had some good water today.
Unoffical results

Don Ferrette Twin 107.091

Fastest pass 109.809

John Finch/Kentley Porter B Mono 73.505

Fastest pass 77.63

Preston Hall A Mono 53.368

Fastest pass 54.598

Kentley Porter B Tunnel 65.047

Fastest pass 74.03

Kentley Porter C Tunnel 61.341

Fastest pass 72.417

Thanks for all the help!!

Kentley

Congratulations everyone!

Great to hear the weather gods were smiling, at least on one day! ;)

SUPER EFFORT BY EVERONE :) CONGRATS!!!

Don :)

Congratulations guys, broke some long standing records there by some very accomplished boaters.

That's what makes record trials so special, you're competing with the best there is and the best that has been. :)

How'd the northern set of timing equipment work for ya?

Congratulations guys, broke some long standing records there by some very accomplished boaters.
That's what makes record trials so special, you're competing with the best there is and the best that has been. :)

The equipment worked great. A little morning fog messed with it for a bit on Sunday and I think Kentley replaced one of the receivers that was questionable before we got started. It might have been the fog on that one too. We didn't need to charge the batteries for the two day event, which really helps. The new 12 volt setup internally is a good thing on the sensors. We read just over 6 volts on the voltmeter where in the past we had to adjust and adjust and adjust just to get 4.5 volts. Good work on updateing the equipment guys. I'm not sure who made the change, but thanks.

Don's twin was awesome! He had the motors tuned so well they sounded like a single on steroids.

Steve Sutton and Steve Speas ran a stock 23cc zenoah in a 46 inch twin craft at 55 mph, but there is no record class for the stock class. Too hard to police. We learned a bit about gas setup in a mono though. Look out next year Mr. Squires. Steve has your number now! Thanks to sutton for manning the timing equipment for a good amount of time. Steve is always stepping up when it comes to running an event. Thanks to all, and to all a happy new year! You guys close to me know what that phrase means.

Congrats to all!!!! :)

Wow, a few major marks were hit too.

Great job guys!

And 74mph one way with a .21 tunnel,that's smokin!

And Don,

AWESOME JOB!

Who would have thought that we would have gotten the water conditions we did when Friday night that pond was getting shredded by 40+mph winds. We actually started getting some fairly decent water late Saturday afternoon but Sunday was THE day, can you say the calm AFTER the storm? :) I sure am glad I took today off 'cause I'm still tired but very happy as we all did well. Like John mentioned a BIG thanks to Steve Sutton for spending so much time manning the clock as it gave the rest of us time to be really focused on the tasks at hand. And also a special mention to Mr. Finch for the many tosses of the twin as I know your shoulder must be sore today, thanks John! Now it's time to clean up the boats and the shop then start gearing up for a couple winter projects. Thanks again to everyone, I had a great time. B)

The boys finally got some well deserved water conditions. It was a shame that Todd Anderson's motor broke before he had it inspected. I guess a lesson was learned there. You should at least measure the stroke after you bust a record. Don's twin was singing like no other twin I have ever heard. The engines were set identical. Kentley's 21 and "21+" motors were singing as always. That is one of the neatest sounds. Although the water was flat on Sunday, the winds were still 40mph gusts under Don's tent. Once again we were reminded that District 12 members have the thickest skin.

It was a good time as always.

P.S. to Finch.

On the way home I figured that you could bring Don a wireless laptop for your ride home. He could hit 10,000 posts before Newport News. :lol:

The equipment worked great. A little morning fog messed with it for a bit on Sunday and I think Kentley replaced one of the receivers that was questionable before we got started. It might have been the fog on that one too. We didn't need to charge the batteries for the two day event, which really helps. The new 12 volt setup internally is a good thing on the sensors. We read just over 6 volts on the voltmeter where in the past we had to adjust and adjust and adjust just to get 4.5 volts. Good work on updateing the equipment guys. I'm not sure who made the change, but thanks.
Thanks John, it's mostly Randall Thomas and John Equi, I just work logistics and do the grunt work. ;)

I'll give the K-Dawg a call...

Great work . Now share some stuff with us :)
Those district 12 guys work hard
I just wrote a long reply with all the neat stuff but it timed out when I sent it. I ain't writing all that again. short version......Andy Brown props are the way to go. Don built the twin sgx to his special specs and got it right on. Prestons little modified wild thing was impressive. Kentley is now the tunnel master. Orlic is the engine guy, and Don's twin MAC 84 engines were stock.

The boys finally got some well deserved water conditions. It was a shame that Todd Anderson's motor broke before he had it inspected. I guess a lesson was learned there. You should at least measure the stroke after you bust a record. Don's twin was singing like no other twin I have ever heard. The engines were set identical. Kentley's 21 and "21+" motors were singing as always. That is one of the neatest sounds. Although the water was flat on Sunday, the winds were still 40mph gusts under Don's tent. Once again we were reminded that District 12 members have the thickest skin.

P.S. to Finch.

On the way home I figured that you could bring Don a wireless laptop for your ride home. He could hit 10,000 posts before Newport News. :lol:
That industrial leaf blower was working overtime. Might be a * next to the record for the tail wind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. to Finch.

That industrial leaf blower was working overtime. Might be a * next to the record for the tail wind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep it up and we'll see what happens next time you call for advise on that new scale ..... :p

P.S. to Finch.

Keep it up and we'll see what happens next time you call for advise on that new scale ..... :p
I new that's what you were going to say, almost word for word. :p :p

P.S. to Finch.

I new that's what you were going to say, almost word for word. :p :p
LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats Don- nice work with the twin. ;) and to all that set records in less than perfect conditions .

......... and Don's twin MAC 84 engines were stock.
Ok, I got to set the record straight- the motors were stock except for the matched to original equipment replacement Brad Christy pistons. :p Seriously though, I know Andy is now getting his replacement pistons going but without the pistons from Brad these motors would have not gotten broken in and raced a few times getting them ready for this event. Very nice work & they still have a great fit. B)

Back