Octura White Heat 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdjohnston50

I'm getting back into model boating by building a model of Octura's White Heat 40. However, all I have is an old plan of the formers. I don't have any info on engine set-up, etc. Is anyone in this forum in possession of indepth information on this old classic?

I've got the boat framed up and skinned, ready for fiberglassing. I sure could use the details instead of more guessing.

Thanks in advance

Rich Johnston

Rich,

Another question is what type of drive are you using, hard solid shaft ot flex cable shaft. Depending on which drive you are using will affect the way the boat is set up. Basic place to start is with the front sponsons on a flat surface and the bottom of the boat parallel to the flat surface the strut is kicked down between 4 and 5 degrees with the C/L of the shaft at the strut even with the rear sponsons.

These are notes from 20 yrs ago that I kept on my last boat I built. My W/H 4-60 had a Picco65 in it and I found the best prop for that combination was an Octura 1460.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the boat framed up and skinned, ready for fiberglassing.
Now I've never built an Octura White Heat but I have learned a little something about extra weight over the last few years-you don't want it! Fiberglassing your hull will add a ton of extra weight.

I glassed a Dumas DV20 way back in the early 90s. I finished it around 2001 :rolleyes: . Its tough, all right but it weighs a ton! None of my current projects, or future projects for that matter, will be glassed.

I agree with Danny, just seal the boat only & paint, it is a strong built hull anyway, "does not" need fiberglassing.

Back