octura twin wing ding

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could find a 60 still in the box unbuilt
Have one. But sorry not letting it go
Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Steve you have a 60 Wing Ding still in the box wood kit?
Yes John but I just can't let it go. Too much a part of my past and I do plan to build it as I ramp up return to the hobbySteve

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
I am here because I have an Octura Wing Ding... unbuilt in the box. I would LOVE to let mine go. I have photos but don't know how to add them on this forum. PM me for my email and I can send you photos. Instructions and decal are in the box. Message me and we'll talk!

Figured out the photos! If I don't get interest on here this will end up on E-Bay. I also have a fiberglass Dumas Donzi Z-65 that is unbuilt and another boat which I'd have to go look at because I can't remember the name (a fiberglass tunnel hull racer). Here's the Wing Ding kit:

Figured out the photos! If I don't get interest on here this will end up on E-Bay. I also have a fiberglass Dumas Donzi Z-65 that is unbuilt and another boat which I'd have to go look at because I can't remember the name (a fiberglass tunnel hull racer). Here's the Wing Ding kit:
very cool! Do you know what size it is? Wing Ding 20? Wing Ding 40? Wing Ding 60?

From your images, looking at the engine mount/wing ding assy, looks like a Wing Ding 20 (I'm guessing)?

How much do you want?

Last edited by a moderator:
As per the rules: I will take it pending decision about price and size (20,40,60?), and pending verification of your identity, as I don't think you meet listing requirements on I/W. Please read in the 'For Sale' section.

To help facilitate the transaction, please provide Ebay user ID, to assist in verification, and it may help facilitate the sale. If not here, on Ebay. Thanks.

David

ebay username: cindyj94 ( Check out my Feedback)

As per the rules: I will take it pending decision about price and size (20,40,60?), and pending verification of your identity, as I don't think you meet listing requirements on I/W. Please read in the 'For Sale' section.

To help facilitate the transaction, please provide Ebay user ID, to assist in verification, and it may help facilitate the sale. If not here, on Ebay. Thanks.

David

ebay username: cindyj94 ( Check out my Feedback)
Please don't send me a note outside, or even inside IW (outside the rules). IW does so much for us modelers. You are the one that sets the price. If you want to 'shop it' to get the most $, please go do that on another site. You could potentially lose some buyers. Please post Price and size of hull.

DJ

$250 obo

As far as I can tell it's a .40. The documentation in the box does not say what size. One page shows a view of it and it says "40 & 60" on the bottom (you can see it in the photos). The front of the box has hand written in marker "Wing Ding 40". There are some factory labels on the box but none of them detail the boat inside. Some of the labels on the box are partially missing due to tape removal. I can measure key parts if that will confirm the size. Maybe the length of the metal part they call the wing ding will let you know the suggested motor size?

If the motor mount is 4" wide, it's a 40, if the motor mount is 5" wide, it's a 60.

Hope this helps.

Steve Ball

$250 obo

One page shows a view of it and it says "40 & 60" on the bottom (you can see it in the photos). The front of the box has hand written in marker "Wing Ding 40"
yes, this is most likely a Wing Ding 40. Especially if it is hand-written on the outside of the box. And the motor mount looks to be on the small side from the images (4" wide).

I believe Octura used the same printed build instructions for, both, the Wing Ding 40 & 60 kits. That's why they reference both sizes (40 & 60) in the instructions. Only the Wing Ding 40 is 33" in length, while the Wing Ding 60 is 36" in length.

OcturaModels,Inc._WingDing_CatalogKitListing_01.pdf

Attachments

• OcturaModels,Inc._WingDing_CatalogKitListing_01.pdf
    324.3 KB · Views: 21
I measured the space between the wings and it measures 4" exactly. I added a couple more photos to the gallery.
As Pictured in post #43, I will purchase at $250, and pay $ 25 shipping and Paypal fees. Please let me know the total, with your Paypal username. Thanks.

DJ

Back