octura props for 60 hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
can someone give me of what would be a good prop or props(preferably octura) to start with to use on a 60 hydro with a weak (Stock K&B67) engine? the boat is a sort of roadrunnerized super coyote.......hey! its all I got!! Thanks, Bill

can someone give me of what would be a good prop or props(preferably octura) to start with to use on a 60 hydro with a weak (Stock K&B67) engine? the boat is a sort of roadrunnerized super coyote.......hey! its all I got!! Thanks, Bill
Try a 1667 cut to 62mm with max. 5 inches of pitch

Henry

Back when I ran K&B 67's in my riggers I used Octura 1462 & cupped them to suite. I set several NAMBA records with this combo.

Don :)

Octura 1462 and/or 1662 are both good but 3/16" so you'll need a step shaft. ABC H32 and H38 are good 60 props both with a 1/4" bore. B)

A de tounged, pitched and thinned 1467 is a good choice as well as the h-38 don mentioned . bill , i told you could try any of the 67 hydro props I have . Talk to Marty , he is a prop guru !!

Is the engine really weak (worn out) or is it a fairly fresh stock engine.

Any 67 should be able to pull a 1465 with the pipe set to 11.5" plug to weld. for more speed a 1662 or H-29 and try shortening the pipe. Be carefull with the top RPM on those K&Bs. They have a reputation for breaking when pushed too hard. Run them within their limits and lots of folks like them.

A de tounged, pitched and thinned 1467 is a good choice as well as the h-38 don mentioned . bill , i told you could try any of the 67 hydro props I have . Talk to Marty , he is a prop guru !!

Thanks, "GO FAST" .... I guess its just a matter of makin the time, and finding a place to actually to go test.......Bill

Any 67 should be able to pull a 1465 with the pipe set to 11.5" plug to weld. for more speed a 1662 or H-29 and try shortening the pipe. Be carefull with the top RPM on those K&Bs. They have a reputation for breaking when pushed too hard. Run them within their limits and lots of folks like them.
Dan, the engine actually has less than one tank run through it....as silly as it sounds, i built this thing well over 10 years ago, ran it one time, and put it back on the bench, and went on to other builds...ive got a mac 67, but im savin it for a scale boat that im finishing, im scared to run the mac until andy starts makin parts for it again..its an awesome motor...here in district 3 we have a weak 60 hydro class (low or no entries) so I thought id try to get this thing running just to help the class...thanks Bill

Dan, the engine actually has less than one tank run through it....as silly as it sounds, i built this thing well over 10 years ago, ran it one time, and put it back on the bench, and went on to other builds...ive got a mac 67, but im savin it for a scale boat that im finishing, im scared to run the mac until andy starts makin parts for it again..its an awesome motor...here in district 3 we have a weak 60 hydro class (low or no entries) so I thought id try to get this thing running just to help the class...thanks Bill
Don't be scared !!! Whats the diff if it breaks now or later ..at least your not in a wheelchair yet ....LET IT EAT ! I have hundreds of runs on my mac .67 and its still a great motor . Live for today !!!!! Going to Croom , see ya later Bill !!! :lol: :lol:

I found a brand new 1465 in my vast assortment of junk...would this be a possibility for a 60 hydro with a K&B .67? oops! I just read Dans thread ........Duhhhhh!

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a brand new 1465 in my vast assortment of junk...would this be a possibility for a 60 hydro with a K&B .67? oops! I just read Dans thread ........Duhhhhh!
Yep that will work. If it hops in the a$$ just cup the ears a little and that will settle it down.

have fun!

Latest posts

Back