Octura H667 on a 90 rigger.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Inverarity

Supporting Member
Hey guys,

I have a H667 to try on my 90 rigger, and I was wondering if anyone else has tried one? I have heard they suit 80's and STRONG 67's. My 90 has plenty of torque, so I was wondering if anyone has tried pitching one up, and what was it pitched to? ???

Ian.

hmmm, never heard of an H667 Octura prop ???

at the moment I'm experimenting with a Octura 1667 / X472 on my new 90 rigger.

the rigger is powered by a CMB 90 Evo II engine which has a lot of torque ;D

what do you think of the 1967 or other higher pitched props ??? or will this be too much ???

Saugling,

The H667 is a relatively new prop, but has been around for a few years. It has a bit more diameter than a 1667, but has more pitch and less blade area.

I have not tried a 1967 on my 90 rigger but tried one on a Zenoah rigger many years ago and it worked okay. I did end up running better props tho, so I dont know if it was that good. I have tried a 2170 and it was hard to launch and not as quick as my best prop. The best prop I tried for speed and handling is an ABC H50.

Ian.

Ian,

Some numbers to pitch up to would be start at 5.6"

and work your way up to 6.0" if you can pull 6.0"

you will be going aprox. 90MPH or better.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

PROPS-4-U :D

Aaron,

Was yours full size or cut down? I am concerned that it may not be enough prop for the 90.

Mark,

Thanks for the tips! Last time I tested the boat with the radar it was doing 81 mph with the H50, so 90 mph would be nice! ;D

I use a pitch gauge which uses a dial indicator and fixed angles. From memory measuring the last 15 degrees of the blade the pitch is already about 5.5" on one and 5.3" on the other. What angle do you measure over to get the 5.6"? ??? Or are you measuring over the whole blade?

Thanks!

Ian.

Latest posts

Back