O/T BAD day at the ramp-

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

After seeing 3 large wreckers headed for the boat ramp by the house and not hearing a small plane go into the bay(I live next to an airport on the water) I kinda figure this is what happened so I grabbed the camera to show you all why the wife should NEVER back the trailer in the water to get the boat out- :p (sorry ladies) ;)

One of the TPD divers jokingly said "someone shut the sunroof, it looks like rain" but the owner somehow couldn't see the humor...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2wevpfk.jpg

4vmy6h.jpg

2h89sa8.jpg

bfnrbq.jpg

2csewbs.jpg

I watched it happen to someone else when I was a kid. Tow truck driver came out looked and said $500 cash. Guy got mad and tow truck driver left. He cam back about 1 hour later..... guess He came up with the $500 bucks! Boat was fine :unsure:

"R" is for racing..... you need the extra power to pull it out.....

I seen this a couple of times.You should put the car in park and put your emergency brake on.

If you are ever bored go to a busy boat launch and just watch the people loading and unloading their boats it is quite funny.

It is hard to believe that they can drive a car or boat. :lol:

Richie R

If you are ever bored go to a busy boat launch and just watch the people loading and unloading their boats it is quite funny.It is hard to believe that they can drive a car or boat. :lol:

Richie R
I use to love to do that. Begining of the summer is best. You can pick the people right out that just got their first boat. Watched a guy once unhook his boat at the top of the ramp. Tapped the brakes and it rolled right off on the concrete. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
"honey, the car won't start" what is it doing?? "I think it's flooded!!"
joe

Thats funny :p :p :p

Yep hanging out on holiday weekends at the ramp is the best around here, tends to bring out the best of the greenhorns and once or twice a year kinda boaters :eek:

Always the show, you can always tell the first timers.... ;)

Andy

my favorite time is about 3 in the afternoon, when the afternoon thundershowers roll in. now they're drunk & in a hurry. best of all, it's FREE entertianment. you couldn't buy a ticket anywhere to watch stuff that funny :lol: :lol: !!!! i did see one man save his truck in a unique way. he backed down the ramp, apparently didn't set the e-brake. went to get his bass rig, eased up on the trailer, gunned it a little to get the last few inches. so far, so good. when the boat bumped the bow chock on the trailer, it nudged the truck just enough to make it jump out of park ( it was an older ford - go figure), he eased off the throttle & the whole rig starts rolling down the ramp! he realized what was up, gassed the boat ( he was still sitting in it, motor idling), & adjusted the throttle until the boat held the truck from rolling further. by then, bystanders had run over & put the truck back in park & set the brake. pretty quick thinking on his part, imo ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to spend Sunday afternoons at the launch watching the drunks pull in. One boat of 4 party monsters couldn't pull up to the dock. That's right....he could not get the boat close enough for one of his merry crew to hop onto the dock and pull them in. They eventually threw the rope to someone and he pulled them in. If I remember correctly, I actually peed on myself from laughing. The first guy to get off the boat actually KISSED the dock. If I'm lying, I'm dying!!! Now THAT is comedy.

Back when I used to trailer my boat all the time I used to offer to back other peoples trailers up for them. I just got tired of waiting and waiting to get out of the water because someone can't back up a trailer. Don't get me wrong it was fun to watch. But after awhile I just offered so I could get home myself!

I did see a 1st time boater, that left the trailer strapped to the boat and unhooked the trailer from the car. He wondered why the boat wouldn't come up on plane!

Here in SE Michigan the best time to watch the novices at the boat ramp is after the big 4th of July fireworks show on the Detroit river. literally hundreds and hundreds of boats all trying to get in at the same time. Bring a lawn chair, take a seat, and watch the chaos ensue, Ive seen fist fights break out. Fun for the whole family!

haha theres a road that ends at a lake near my moms place... it's good for three or four drive ins a year. at night you just cant tell that the road ends and water begins

Back