o.s. muffler leak

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k&b guy

is it normal for fuel to leak where the muffler halves bolt together on the o.s. o.b? tried some silicone, still leaks. just learn to live w/ it? CARTER

is it normal for fuel to leak where the muffler halves bolt together on the o.s. o.b? tried some silicone, still leaks. just learn to live w/ it? CARTER
On my OS the mufller leaked where the muffler halves joined adjacent to the oil inlet at the bottom. I did the same as you by putting some silicone around the halves,being careful not to block the inlet opening. It seemed tight while it was separate from the engine but when I put it back together it still seemed to leak. I think the rest of the leakage is because of the method OS uses to lubricate the drive and prop shafts. I believe it's leaking thru the lower unit. I've raced my engine for a year and a half and really didn't see any problems related to muffler pressure. Also haven't had any wear problems in the lower unit. Mike

Back