O.S. 9B Carb Setting

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Barnes

I have O.S. 9B card I would like to run on my CMB Greenhead. What is a good setting on the low idle needle to get started? I had thre carb on once already and it didn't seem to run well. I would like to try it again this time with a base setting on that needle.

I have O.S. 9B card I would like to run on my CMB Greenhead. What is a good setting on the low idle needle to get started? I had thre carb on once already and it didn't seem to run well. I would like to try it again this time with a base setting on that needle.

Ray,

The 9B OS normally comes from the factory set up for air use, which will be very lean for a greeny. Back the LS needle out untill there is no recess. I don't have a specific number of turns, just flush it with the barrell. That setup should be close enough to get started and on the water.

gh

Ray,

The 9B OS normally comes from the factory set up for air use, which will be very lean for a greeny. Back the LS needle out untill there is no recess. I don't have a specific number of turns, just flush it with the barrell. That setup should be close enough to get started and on the water.

gh

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotate the barrel all the way open.

Find a drill bit, the size of .075" place the round end of the drill bit between the spray bar, and the low speed needle, close or open the low speed needle till it just touched the drill bit.

This is a good starting point for us down in Florida with the green heads, and CMB fat belly pipe, and Andy Brown muffled pipe

With the carb all the way closed, screw in the low speed set screw to zero. Do not tighten! Then, back it out to 2 1/2 turns. That should be a tich fat on the low end, near sea level. Go racing with a 90 degree, small, blade screw driver to make adjustments, as needed. It should work well for you. Be sure to have a good seal around the base. Good luck!

marc

DAME_FOR_POSTING.jpg

Latest posts

Back