O.S. 21XM Outboard Mods for Electric

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Strange

Just wondering what modifications are being used by racers on their O.S. 21XM's

Obviously there needs to be an adapter for the electric motor. I have the HyperPerformance adapter, but to use the AQ SV-27 motor I had to make an adapter since the shaft is 5mm longer than the shaft of the UL-1. I found ithe adapter at Wal-Mart...hidden in a $2.70 cutting board. Not sure how long it will last, but I am proud of it anyway.

One major question I have concerns the water pick-up. It is rather tiny. Do I need to install a larger one? I am assuming the answer is YES...so I need some ideas on how to install a larger one so that I can revert back to the original one if necessary.

Thanks, Tim

img_3680.jpg

Kris Flynn makes an adapter to bolt the motor directly to the OS lower. They are in high demand though! I have one on my OS/UL-1 motor.

The stock water pick-up gets plenty of water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Dick, I drilled it out so it is the same diamter through.

Sharpen the skeg up and off you go!

I have the HyperPerformance adapter, but to use the AQ SV-27 motor I had to make an adapter since the shaft is 5mm longer than the shaft of the UL-1.
Just shwack it off with a dremel and cutting wheel, Just tape off the motor so no metal gets into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back