Novarossi of America

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Glenn, you had to ask! :D

I was wondering if there are any heat sink heads available for the .12 engines. With the JAE .12 kit, it looks like it might be a slight hassle in running plumbing up to the head. I've had good luck so far running air-cooled .12's but would like to test one or two out. Possibly an aftermarket one from the 4-wheelers?
I was wondering about that too . Are the guys that are running the Nr .12's in the JAE .12 how are you getting water ? Most rudders i see don't have a water pickup .

My problem also. Putting a pickup tube off the transom to get water in from the roostertail could be a hassle and I don't want to ugly up the Solinger rudder by adding a pick-up tube on the back of the rudder.

Guys,

You will not need any cooling to the motor, I have run them

without water, if anything try a 3rd channel mixture.

The 12's rock with tons of fuel.

Good Luck Building,

Mark Sholund

One of are guy's that runs a JAE with one of Glenn's .12 just removed the water jacket all together. He runs no heat sink at all. Just the head button and has no problem overheating the motor.

My problem also. Putting a pickup tube off the transom to get water in from the roostertail could be a hassle and I don't want to ugly up the Solinger rudder by adding a pick-up tube on the back of the rudder.
If someone wants to run water, it's accomplished easy enough. Sorry for the poor lighting... the brass tube runs from the transom to the engine area... there is enough room to place it behind the servo's against the side of the tub. Mounted it low so the rubber tubing in the engine area can run under the throttle linkage, and then just loops up to the engine.

The rudder w/built in pickup I used was off ebay for like $10 and has worked fine.

DSC07102.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back