Novarossi of America

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, as you may know I have been working with Nova for the last few months to make the last step towards an out-of-the box race ready marine .12 engine...a "boat" timed sleeve.

The engines arrived last Friday and I just had the chance to measure the timing and it is right on. After playing with several different prototype sleeves I asked for the timing to be set at 128 degrees on the intakes and boost ports and 178 degrees on the exhaust. These motors should run VERY good right out of the box and will require NO mods to be a TOP (pun intended) performer. There is of course a little room left to play for those of you who just have to take the Dremel out.

I believe these are the first truly competitive boat 12 engines ever made...they come with a very nice water cooled head, flywheel, "boat racing" size carb, and now "boat racing" timing...and another huge bonus is that the price is still only $155.

I also got tons of parts and .21 5 port engines in this order. I apologize again to those of you I didn't have parts for over the past few weeks...I guess it took longer the build the new .12 sleeves and that delayed the entire order.

I am in the final big push to finish the move from La Vernia to Del Rio and now have all of the boat parts with me here. If you need anything please either send me a message or give me a call on my cell 210 392-2271 (this will be my new business phone at least for a while) in the evenings. I ask for your continued patience for a few more weeks until we complete the move and get settled in with real internet service and some spare time!

Thanks!

Glenn

Hi Glenn!

I called & left you a message but you must be busy w/the move.....

I'm interested in your "boat racing" sized carbs.... what is the bore vs original one I have & how much for one?

Let me know when you have the time.

todd

Hi Glenn!

I'm interested in your "boat racing" sized carbs.... what is the bore vs original one I have & how much for one?

todd
Hey Todd, I triewd calling, but you phone wouldn't accept my call.

Anyway, the carb I'm refering to is the .250 bore we have been getting on the last several batches of motors. They run good stock, a little better with the low speed needle and 1/2 the spraybar removed, and better still bored out to .280".

I am going to start working with Nova to see if they will be willing to make us a bigger bore carb.

Sorry for being hard to get hold of!

Glenn

Friends, as you may know I have been working with Nova for the last few months to make the last step towards an out-of-the box race ready marine .12 engine...a "boat" timed sleeve.
The engines arrived last Friday and I just had the chance to measure the timing and it is right on. After playing with several different prototype sleeves I asked for the timing to be set at 128 degrees on the intakes and boost ports and 178 degrees on the exhaust. These motors should run VERY good right out of the box and will require NO mods to be a TOP (pun intended) performer. There is of course a little room left to play for those of you who just have to take the Dremel out.

I believe these are the first truly competitive boat 12 engines ever made...they come with a very nice water cooled head, flywheel, "boat racing" size carb, and now "boat racing" timing...and another huge bonus is that the price is still only $155.

I also got tons of parts and .21 5 port engines in this order. I apologize again to those of you I didn't have parts for over the past few weeks...I guess it took longer the build the new .12 sleeves and that delayed the entire order.

I am in the final big push to finish the move from La Vernia to Del Rio and now have all of the boat parts with me here. If you need anything please either send me a message or give me a call on my cell 210 392-2271 (this will be my new business phone at least for a while) in the evenings. I ask for your continued patience for a few more weeks until we complete the move and get settled in with real internet service and some spare time!

Thanks!

Glenn
does that engine have rear exhaust or side exhaust? what is the h.p. rating?

Glenn, Will you be stocking the new boat timing sleeves. I have a new motor, I should be able to just change the sleeve. Is this correct? Let me know. Ryon

Thanks!

Glenn
does that engine have rear exhaust or side exhaust? what is the h.p. rating?

It is a rear exhaust, The motors are reated at 1.65 hp, but that is with the original sleeve timing numbers...I don't know if they will ever calculate the hp with the new sleeve.

Glenn

Hi Glenn!

todd
Hey Todd, I triewd calling, but you phone wouldn't accept my call.

Anyway, the carb I'm refering to is the .250 bore we have been getting on the last several batches of motors. They run good stock, a little better with the low speed needle and 1/2 the spraybar removed, and better still bored out to .280".

I am going to start working with Nova to see if they will be willing to make us a bigger bore carb.

Sorry for being hard to get hold of!

Glenn
glenn,Did you get my PM about a pipe and exhaust gaskets??

Thanks

Walt Barney

Walt he's going to be gone for abit...This is his quotes off of his thread on generial boat topic..Friends, I just got a call from my dad and it looks my mom will pass soon...so we are heading to Florida. I don't know exactly when I will be home, but I will get caught up on orders ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Glenn,

I was wondering what the status is on getting a .12 flywheel?

Thank You,

Paul

Back