NovaRossi "KEEP" .21 OB Testing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxracer

Special delivery from John Otto, the new NovaRossi KEEP .21 OB has finally arrived on our doorstep. Just like all of Nova's engines, from the outside looking in, this engine is SWEET. Even after the gallon of fuel that Otto ran through the engine, this thing is still one of the tightest fitting .21s that I've seen. You can still barely turn this thing over with your hand.

Unfortunately due to rain we weren't able to run the engine today, but with weather permitting the plan is to take her out tomorrow morning and see what she's got. I'll update you guys with some videos when we get it in the water. In the meantime, here's some pictures of the engine on the boat, ready to run.

IMG_5689.jpg IMG_3067.jpg IMG_4940.jpg

The testing platform will be as follows:

Boat: Lynx

Lower: O.S.

Pipe: Cooper

Fuel: Technology Fuels - 67% Nitro

Props: To be determined

-Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Special delivery from John Otto, the new NovaRossi KEEP .21 OB has finally arrived on our doorstep. Just like all of Nova's engines, from the outside looking in, this engine is SWEET. Even after the gallon of fuel that Otto ran through the engine, this thing is still one of the tightest fitting .21s that I've seen. You can still barely turn this thing over with your hand.

Unfortunately due to rain we weren't able to run the engine today, but with weather permitting the plan is to take her out tomorrow morning and see what she's got. I'll update you guys with some videos when we get it in the water. In the meantime, here's some pictures of the engine on the boat, ready to run.

View attachment 38824 View attachment 38825 View attachment 38826

-Jr.
Looks awesome Jr! You guys have fun with it when the weather clears up. Does that carb still have the low speed needle?

GQ

-Jr.
Looks awesome Jr! You guys have fun with it when the weather clears up. Does that carb still have the low speed needle?

GQ
Yeah Glenn, this particular carb has the low speed still in it. It ran good on the other Nova it was on. We have a couple others we may try on it too though.

-Jr.

-Jr.

GQ
Yeah Glenn, this particular carb has the low speed still in it. It ran good on the other Nova it was on. We have a couple others we may try on it too though.

-Jr.
Good, I am anxious to see how it works with the low speed. We know it ran great with the factory mod carb that John tried...may work as good with the low speed.

GQ

The results are in!

58.1 mph

No mods, no special tricks to the cooling jacket or anything. 58.1 mph box stock just like you'd get it from Nova.This motor is gonna be bad to the bone guys. We finally got a chance to run it today and from the time it hit the water we were making consistent 54 mph passes on a Stalker radar gun.

After a few setup, pipe and prop tweaks we were able to push the envelope to 58.1 mph running a Cooper pipe and an Octura x442.

This motor has A LOT left in it as it's far from being broken in. It's gonna be a front runner for sure. We'll post some videos a little later tonight or tomorrow. We plan to spend another day of testing on it before we ship it off to Truex for the final round of testing.

Hats off to Glenn, Aaron and all the guys at Nova Rossi for another awesome engine.

-Jr.

The results are in!

58.1 mph

No mods, no special tricks to the cooling jacket or anything. 58.1 mph box stock just like you'd get it from Nova.This motor is gonna be bad to the bone guys. We finally got a chance to run it today and from the time it hit the water we were making consistent 54 mph passes on a Stalker radar gun.

After a few setup, pipe and prop tweaks we were able to push the envelope to 58.1 mph running a Cooper pipe and an Octura x442.

This motor has A LOT left in it as it's far from being broken in. It's gonna be a front runner for sure. We'll post some videos a little later tonight or tomorrow. We plan to spend another day of testing on it before we ship it off to Truex for the final round of testing.

Hats off to Glenn, Aaron and all the guys at Nova Rossi for another awesome engine.

-Jr.
Jr,

You guys running the turbo head or does this engine include a standard head?? Impressive numbers. Thanks for the feedback.

The results are in!

58.1 mph

-Jr.
Jr,

You guys running the turbo head or does this engine include a standard head?? Impressive numbers. Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah Ron, I was pretty surprised myself. Once broken in after a couple more gallons and a little shorter pipe, it wouldn't surprise me if it broke the 60mph barrier.

And that's with the turbo head. I'm quite sure Nova will have a standard head out before too long though as that seems to be what the demand is for.

-Jr.

Very impressed Jr. Thanks for sharing the results with everyone. Looks like NR has hit a home run!!!..... ;)

Which cold NR turbo plug is being used, the #5 or 6?

Jr, if you guys are running the plug that came in it....that's the original. John and I put almost a gallon on that one. I would stick with the turbo plug.

Jr, if you guys are running the plug that came in it....that's the original. John and I put almost a gallon on that one. I would stick with the turbo plug.
Mike, we actually switched turbo plugs from what you guys were running.

Ron and Mike, we actually ended up running one of our own turbo plugs, the NovaRossi c5t. It's a hotter plug than what Glenn sent but the engine liked it ALOT better.

-Jr.

Mike,

Do you lnow which one it is? Maybe Glenn can chime in. Im thinking #5 or #6 turbo for 60% will be equal to a McCoy 9.

Mike, we actually switched turbo plugs from what you guys were running.

Ron and Mike, we actually ended up running one of our own turbo plugs, the NovaRossi c5t. It's a hotter plug than what Glenn sent but the engine liked it ALOT better.

-Jr.
Ok. #5. That makes sense but I would have thought too hot for 60%. Hey, whatever works.... ;)

Did you guys get those cases. The pro was like new. Hope that helps Tony too.

Back