Novarossi Head O-Ring

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMurany

Is the O-ring on the head button for the DD .21 necessary to have on the button or can you run it without it and have no issues?

The idea is to stop any leakage between the sleeve and case. Most engines don't have this. Marty Davis talks about making the seal with silicone in one of his old tech sheets.....did you lose/wreck yours? I don't see any reason not to run it.

No I still have it. The motor is brand new but when putting the water jacket and button back on you feel resistance from the o ring touching before the button seals up to the sleeve. For the majority of the other Novarossi motors they dont have these. I just dont like how it feels when putting the screws back in, it seems like the resistance isnt good for the threads in the case. Just wanting to know if this o ring really serves that much of a purpose or if I can take it out.

According to novarossi this o ring is used to suppress distortion caused by vibration to the chamber, believe what you want but the stifling of any sleeve leaks seems to be a bonus. Novarossi is the leader in all twostroke innovations now a days, this is a free power with no fuel takeaways. The advancement in power in micro engines is stagnant, they sell more buggy and road engines that can't use the power they made 10 years ago. The only advancements they look for now is run time so take what they give and use to your advantage...jw

Back