Novarossi 46

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I read somewhere that Gleen asked Nova to make the hole spacing the same as Picco/CMB? If so, is that now availible on the newest version?

Andy

I did, as these are most common

motors. They said they where going to after the first batch,

Will have to the check when I get home!

Guys

The first couple of batches of Nova motors

The headbutton volume was to big!!!

They where meant to be .40cc came out at

.51cc...

Every motor I have sent out I have re-machined the headbuttons to the correct volume,

Nova are sorting this out at the moment

Regards Aaron
Well that sucks. How would I check my NR 46?

Very few engines are sent out with head buttons which have the 'right' volume for high nitro racing. I have seen comments that the current VAC45 head button is too small, and other comments about opening up the head buttons on 101's for example.

Very few engines are sent out with head buttons which have the 'right' volume for high nitro racing. I have seen comments that the current VAC45 head button is too small, and other comments about opening up the head buttons on 101's for example.
Understood, but these heads were out of spec, a manufacturing error. Novarossi is machining the head different now. So the first customers got a inferior engine.

Myself and Glenn

Are doing our best to bring you guys an awesome motor out of the box at an awesome price!!!!!!!!!

This little issue is what you get with most motors out there on the market.

And I bet once there correct volume headbutton comes with the nova's it will still not please everybody!!!!

Even with the big volume head it still ran 87mph in my 40 rigger just had little less torque.

Regards Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Machine .036thou of squish, keep the same angle, then you also have to take same off flat aera that sits on sleeve to get your clearance back.....
Remove .036", Wow I could use that head for a soup bowl. :D
interesting, so you're decreasing head-button volume by actually opening-up squish area, then decreasing head-clearance?

Machine .036thou of squish, keep the same angle, then you also have to take same off flat aera that sits on sleeve to get your clearance back.....
Remove .036", Wow I could use that head for a soup bowl. :D
interesting, so you're decreasing head-button volume by actually opening-up squish area, then decreasing head-clearance?
I have yet to buy an engine where the head volume didnt need to be changed..

David, by taking the .036 off the squish it just makes the bowl smaller, still running around .010 head clearance..

john, i am running the pipe at 8 3/4

Myself and Glenn

Are doing our best to bring you guys an awesome motor out of the box at an awesome price!!!!!!!!!

And I bet once there correct volume headbutton comes with the nova's it will still not please everybody!!!!

We are doing our best and Nova are coming to the party to set it correct!!!

Even with the big volume head it still ran 87mph in my 40 rigger just had little less torque.

Regards Aaron
It safe to say that all us thank you and Glenn for what you done and are doing for us with this motor , it is going to be one bad outboard for me ,

Thanks Shane

Myself and Glenn

Regards Aaron
I competely understand that head volume is adjusted to maximize power for the specific application, but you sure made it sound like a manufacturing error. They meant to machine a .40cc head, but the volume came out to .51cc.

No big deal, it is what it is. I'll get with Glenn and have him order the smaller head for me with his next order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Myself and Glenn

Regards Aaron
I competely understand that head volume is adjusted to maximize power for the specific application, but you sure made it sound like a manufacturing error. They meant to machine a .40cc head, but the volume came out to .51cc.

No big deal, it is what it is. I'll get with Glenn and have him order the smaller head for me with his next order.
Craig (and all the other guys that got motors from me), I would recommend you run it like it is and then if you want it modded, feel free to send the button back to me and I will take care of it. I am still running mine stock.

Glenn

Sounds good Glenn. I'll try the larger head volume first. If it works for you, I'm sure I'll be happy. :)

Aarons's post #15 is what caused my concern.... He probably should have worded the situation differently....

Back