Novarossi 46 OB conversion kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leyde

Club Racer
OK guy's a few of you have asked me to build 46 Novarossi OB kits. I know that Glenn has said that he has been contacted by someone who has said that they would make them. That someone has contacted me also. I will wait on making any public commitment on making them and give them the chance to come forward and produce them.

Thank you,

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy's I am taking orders now for the 45(46) Nova OB conversion kits They are $285.00 shipped. They will ship in Febuary. I am only making 25 kits this year so get them now before they are gone.

I hate to speak for Mark, but yes. The conversion kit includes crank, flywheel, and PTO.

TL

What would just a crank cost? Or are you only selling them as complete kits?

Thanks Mark. Us outboard guys appreciate it for sure.

What would just a crank cost? Or are you only selling them as complete kits?

Thanks Mark. Us outboard guys appreciate it for sure.
I will sell extra cranks for $150.00 each.

Bryan,

Yes it is a complete conversion Kit.

Thanks to all that have made orders for the Nova 46 OB conversion kits. I will post progress reports here as I have them. Just need for an engines to get here. It should not be long know.

Merry Christmas,

Mark

Mark, Couple of questions ,a.) What is the factory displacement of the new NR 46, is it .458" or below? I guess so or you would not be investing time and money in the conversion kits. Never hurts to ask though. b.) how do you know what timing to set and what porting to do on a brand new version engine? We all know the NR 21s are great engines and perform well when converted, are you basing your faith in the 46's potential on only that fact or ? Thanks, James Beasley

Hi James,

a ) You can find some specs here http://www.novarossi....php?newsid=150 It is 7.49cc or .457 so yes it is legal.

B ) I am not changing the timing or porting.

c ) People asked me to build them so I am. They will work trust me.

Mark
Hope to see one on the water soon. Thanks for the info and your support of our addiction. I hope to run the RB you made for me this year! Merry Christmas, James

Update for you guy's that have placed your order.

I have started to design the conversion kit. By the end of next week the steel will be at the shop and the chips will start flying.

Mark

Update: The steel is at the CNC Lathe shop. It will be a couple of weeks before I get the blanks back. Then I need to do some work to them before the go to get hardened.

If any of you are sitting on the fence about buying a kit put your order in now before they are gone for the year. There are only a few that are unspoken for.

Mark

Update:

PTO's are finished. Cranks are still at the CNC lathe shop. They are swamped right now. They told me it will be about two weeks before they get to turning my crank blanks up.

Mark

With Mark's permission, here are the goods I brought to the heat treater yesterday. The cranks are already done from that process. Mark took the day off work to do the final touches on them today.

IMAG0639.jpg

It's like christmas(LOL) can't wait
Hey. Didn't you get Mark's memo? Yours is backordered!!!!!!....... ;) Haha, just kidding. Get those boats ready. WTC coming soon!!!!

With Mark's permission, here are the goods I brought to the heat treater yesterday. The cranks are already done from that process. Mark took the day off work to do the final touches on them today.

Looks like outboard gold to me. Tell Mark I am disappointed NovaRossi did not communicate better will all of us about what they had in the works. They have a reverse crank now that Mark could have used to add a starting cone and PTO for a complete outboard conversion.

I for one want Mark to know how much us tunnel heads appreciate his hard work and dedication to this hobby to help us get what we need. Can't wait to get your conversion kit. Thanks Mark........ ;)

Ron

You are right. Mark has gone from his normal job straight to another shop he has excess to

, working 12- 14 days for a long time to get these conversion kits done!

It's a great thing Nova is making a crank, but you still need a cone and a PTO.

Like you said if they would have communicated to the public better it would have been nice.

TL

Latest posts

Back