Novarossi .12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, for those of you who haven't seen them yet, Nova has just taken some pictures of the new .12 engines with the flywheel and carb. They are also going to do some testing on the new sleeve. You may notice the crank threads don't stick out of the flywheel much...the collets I sell for the engines fit into the hole in the flywheel to get plenty of threads on the crank.

Glenn

Novarossi .12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Glenn,

I am interested in this baby. Could you expect when it available and how much?

DR

Hi Glenn,

I am interested in this baby. Could you expect when it available and how much?

DR
DR, I have two of these left in stock right now and will be getting my next order in soon. They are $155 (plus shipping)...and I hope the exchange rate lets me keep them at that for my next batch.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I got the engine today. It look really cool. Just one question, which remote needle you recommend for this motor? Thank you very much

Dr

Hi Glenn,

I got the engine today. It look really cool. Just one question, which remote needle you recommend for this motor? Thank you very much

Dr
DR, I use a small OS Max needle. It is an inline needle...not a remote (3rd channel) needle. Any small needle that will fit in the fuel line between the tank and carb will work fine.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Dr
DR, I use a small OS Max needle. It is an inline needle...not a remote (3rd channel) needle. Any small needle that will fit in the fuel line between the tank and carb will work fine.

Glenn
Thank you very much Glenn. Good luck, I have that OS needle in my box.

Dr

Hi Glenn,

Dr

Madduck this is the needle I use. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001303506&I=LXCR52&P=K it has the proper threades to fit the Nova carb.
Thank you very much for your info but the carb i got is not the integrated needle type. It use separated needle. Thank again

Dr
Your carb is the same as mine. all you need to do is unscrew the fuel nipple on the carb and screw in the OS needle assembly and banjo fuel fitting.

Hi Glenn,

Dr

Madduck this is the needle I use. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001303506&I=LXCR52&P=K it has the proper threades to fit the Nova carb.
Thank you very much for your info but the carb i got is not the integrated needle type. It use separated needle. Thank again

Dr
Your carb is the same as mine. all you need to do is unscrew the fuel nipple on the carb and screw in the OS needle assembly and banjo fuel fitting.
OK I understand that. I will try when i could get the needle. Thank you very much.

DR

Do you have any of them left? Or are you wanting on an order?

Brian

I'm trying to tell my wife why I need one of these new engines. <_<
When you see one in person next week you will REALLY want one!

Glenn
HOW MUCH POWER DOES THIS ENGINE MAKE? HOW WILL THIS ENGINE COMPARE TO AN OS .18 TZ EVEN THOW ITS SMALLER?
I am not familiar with the .18TZ, but I have yet to see an .18 that is more powerful. Nova has not tested the new sleeve yet, but the previous motors with the car sleeves were rated at 1.85hp.

Glenn

Glenn, I will take one of your .12's also with a collet. Please pm price with shipping to Lancaster California, 93536.

Back