Nova Rossi vs. CMB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ford,,,,Chevy,,,,,Dodge!!!!
Come on Rick you forgot Yugo!!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ford,,,,Chevy,,,,,Dodge!!!!
EXACTLY!I am currently running a nova 46. Pretty close to out of the box. Runs very strong. Love the ability to see what parts are in stock and how much they cost by looking online. Nice engine.

CMB puts out a great product too.

I'd say for pure modified top end and a edge in longevity the cmb.

Out of the box readiness and racing for the vast majority of boaters......the nova.

Bradley E Holborrow is Aust dealer Nova Rossi Australia on FB
yep Gary Holborow(i may have spelled his name wrong?)he is the new Novarossi agent i believe! Thanks he should be back around in 3 weeks or so? I really like any motor that burns NITRO! but in Australia you really have to buy a new Novarossi! And i cannot afford it! Plus i like to tinker with my own stuff! Modification of buggy engines! But sadly i wont be doing that much longer!! But you guys in the USA Ron Shaw is your man! He actually has parts! Not like any Australian agent! Gary may change that? I really hope so? As my experience! WE ARE NOT A PRIORITY FOR NOVAROSSI ITALY!! and can you really trust a company that has an email address BUT WILL NEVER AND HAS NEVER REPLIED TO 1 EMAIL IN 8 YEARS?? CMB will!! And how many Novarossi agencies have lasted more than 2 year's in Australia? I've lost count as I've run out of fingers

Both brands are top notch,

I think like others have said, it can depend mostly on setup, fuel etc, CMB has great local support here in Australia, and Novarossi has good support out of the US, the downside for aussi boaters would be the postage costs and exchange rates to get Novarossi from the US to Australia, other than that you cant go wrong with either.

you can take either one and win with either one.. most others can also.. what you need to consider is two things.

parts support.. both stu and ron will be around don't see them going anywhere soon.

what experience's have you seen with both? do you run with people that are more proficient to one brand or another that can help you if you get in a jam?

cost.. are they about the same? are parts about the same?

that is how i would approach it myself anyway

The tiny pilot screws on the Nova carb that control the in/ out of the carb barrel are to small and break resulting in a dead boat / lost heat . Had it happen twice .

Just make the barrels rotate and not articulate in / out manufacturers !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

If that's a problem maybe Nova Rossi need to look in to it.A bigger screw

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had both cmb and nova rossi.... parts are easy from both Stu Barr and Ron Shaw. Run what ya like or makes ya happy. ...
default_smile.png

default_biggrin.png
I just watch your story " Engines of Game Changer"
default_tongue.png
who want vote high point for engines ???

The tiny pilot screws on the Nova carb that control the in/ out of the carb barrel are to small and break resulting in a dead boat / lost heat . Had it happen twice .

Just make the barrels rotate and not articulate in / out manufacturers !!!!!!!!!!!!
hay Tom use the buggy/car type of carbie retainer it runs the glow plug type nut 8mm instead of the little screw! thats if im thinking of the little screw your talking about?

Back