Nova Rossi to O/S Lower?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VansRacing

New info:

We are finished with the prototype PTO that will adapt the (1.020" case) Nova Rossi power head to the O/S XM lower unit.

These parts will be available by the end of Jan 09.

Contact Glenn Quarles if you are interested in running your Nova Rossi on the O/S XM lower unit.

The next item on our list will be, manufacturing the 14.5mm cranks.

-Carl,

Hey Carl,

Will these PTO's be available on their own or do you have to buy the whole conversion kit? I already have a crankshaft ;)

Tim.

Hey Carl,Will these PTO's be available on their own or do you have to buy the whole conversion kit? I already have a crankshaft ;)

Tim.
i made a fixture to hold the os back and turn it to .990 to fit my cmb rs 21. i know you are not running this but it was a fairly straight forward deal, i also had to mill the pockets for the bolts inward and mill new thru holes for the bolts, and trim the backplate thickness down to the same as the other.. all in all i probably spent 3 hrs. on it and it was worth every bit of time.and i used all os parts and everything seems to be alright, testing in the spring will be the real decision maker.

terry

Hey Carl,Will these PTO's be available on their own or do you have to buy the whole conversion kit? I already have a crankshaft ;)

Tim.
Tim,

You can buy any single piece of anything we carry. The Nova Rossi / OS lower kit will require two parts to get you hooked up. First you wil need the PTO housing and then you will need the extended PTO drive shaft. The O/S XM PTO shaft is extended off of the stock PTO by .315" (8mm) where the standard PTO shaft for the K&B and lawless is much shorter. Too short to reach the top end of the O/S cable. So, to get your Nova Rossi hooked up to your O/S lower unit, you will need the housing and shaft and you'r ready to go. We will be assigning part numbers and final prices to these once they are finished and ready for sale.

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim.
Tim,

You can buy any single piece of anything we carry. The Nova Rossi / OS lower kit will require two parts to get you hooked up. First you wil need the PTO housing and then you will need the extended PTO drive shaft. The O/S XM PTO shaft is extended off of the stock PTO by .315" (8mm) where the standard PTO shaft for the K&B and lawless is much shorter. Too short to reach the top end of the O/S cable. So, to get your Nova Rossi hooked up to your O/S lower unit, you will need the housing and shaft and you'r ready to go. We will be assigning part numbers and final prices to these once they are finished and ready for sale.

-Carl,
hows things going Carl full with those bow sights any

Thanks Carl,

I'll keep an eye out for prices when available. Might grab one of your flywheels too.

Terry,

I originally got a complete OS PTO to graft into the Nova, but it's not really suitable to modify into a Nova. Instead, I had the OS PTO modified to fit into a MAC O/B pwerhead, which was pretty straight forward. I still want a nova /OS though!

Tim.

Thanks Carl,I'll keep an eye out for prices when available. Might grab one of your flywheels too.

Terry,

I originally got a complete OS PTO to graft into the Nova, but it's not really suitable to modify into a Nova. Instead, I had the OS PTO modified to fit into a MAC O/B pwerhead, which was pretty straight forward. I still want a nova /OS though!

Tim.
my only question ...and not trying to hijack this deal. is when you turn my engine combo over it makes a noticable click fromthe crankpin and the pto drive is that slop good? and a;lso how many thousandths should ther be in the pto for play..? thanks

terry

my only question ...and not trying to hijack this deal. is when you turn my engine combo over it makes a noticable click fromthe crankpin and the pto drive is that slop good? and a;lso how many thousandths should ther be in the pto for play..? thanks

terry

Not to worry.....The "click" and crankpin to drive slot clearance in the PTO disc mean absolutely nothing.The click is neither good nor bad.... :wacko:

When the motor is running the PTO drive pin on the crank is in constant contact with the leading edge of the PTO disc drive slot.The clearance on the other side of slot could be .002" to .500".It makes no difference since the crank pin will "never" see the back edge of that PTO disc slot when the motor is running. ;)

Listen when the master speaks no B.S from his mouth LOL hey rod .....

Carl,

I received my parts the other day, Thank you. I will say they look Great, your kits are First Class all the way. I will install them on the record Tunnel, I'm sure it will last more than 4 runs...... :lol: :lol: :lol: No more stripped out PTO Shafts. :D :D :D

Thanks,

TB

Last edited by a moderator:
i pulled one down and inserted the pto in the engine and it is going in almost all the way "pin engagement" so i am good , thanks rod, cant wait till the lakes and ponds thaw so i can burn some fuel..lol

terry

Hi Carl,

I sent you a PM from Cape Town, South Africa this morning and am not sure if it went through to you OK. Can you confirm receipt ?

Kind regards,

Wennie.

Hi Carl,I sent you a PM from Cape Town, South Africa this morning and am not sure if it went through to you OK. Can you confirm receipt ?

Kind regards,

Wennie.
Wennie,

Sorry about that., my mail box was full. I deleted alot of stuff so it should go thru now.

-Carl,

Thanks Carl,

It seems to have gone through this time.

I look forward to your reply. I added my e-mail address to the PM so you can use that route for your reply if you wish.

Cheers,

Wennie.

Latest posts

Back