nova rossi pirahana .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not2bright

is the pirahana .21 really worth the money i know it has like 4 hp but is that too much power for a 21 hydro

It is a Rossi, not a Novarossi. However the ones I have seen seem to go well. Ron Olson, who is on this board, likes his!

There is no such thing as too much power!!! ;D

You can have too much torque, but I have never heard of that with a 21.... : :)

Ian.

There are a lot of pirahnas in Japan. They were the big thing this year in the .21 classes. They seem to run really well with few problems. Over all there are few complaints about them, but most people who have used both the mac.21 and Rossi Pirahna say, they prefer the Mac for power and high end. That head is cool looking though.

Hammer

I have the Niagara version. It has been a very good motor so far, only one minor complaint which is no big deal. The carb sits a little sideways which can be cured by trimming a little bit off the fins. The Rossi header does put the pipe a little far out, so I used a Nova Rossi header to put it closer to the motor. I've put about 1-1/2 gallons of fuel through it and it seems to run faster with every outing. I think that the Pirahna is a Euro motor made for geared down motors.

My friend just sent me a pic of his limited edition Rossi Miura that he just got. It has a red case. I sent it to Tom to post. Something to check out when he gets around to it.

Hammer

Here is a picture of the Limited Edition Rossi Miura.

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/rossi.jpg

-MikeP

please excuse my ignorance w/ high-end engines, but i thought "rossi" was just short for nova rossi??

can someone please explain why two companies had to go and confuse stupid consumers such as myself by naming themselves so similarly?

joe

my understanding is that a long time ago there was only rossi, run by 2 brothers. They had a disagreement and one brother left the company to start his own. the new company nova rossi i'm told means "new rossi". hence rossi and nova (new) rossi.

You have to send Hammer a bunch of yens and he might get you one.

He sent me the picture to post. I am sure he will be responding on this.

-MikeP

Sorry guys! Even if you had the 500 bucks or so that it costs, I still couldn't get it for ya! They are not available anymore. I think there are only about 10. I have no idea on the specs or anything. Let you know when I learn more.

Thanks for posting the pic, MikeP

Hammer

Latest posts

Back