Nova let go today :(

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that’s what I should be doing...... I've just been running the heck out of my 21 CMB on Technology 50% from the get go and I can't get them to fail yet. I got to change what I'm doing this year! I'll grenade one this year.... I swear.
Hey, they run the best right before they go KABOOM! :p

Larry Jr.

So that's what I should be doing...... I've just been running the heck out of my 21 CMB on Technology 50% from the get go and I can't get them to fail yet. I got to change what I'm doing this year! I'll grenade one this year.... I swear.
Hey, they run the best right before they go KABOOM! :p

Larry Jr.
no offense but it is a small engine that blew up and boy did it ever. but are you over analyzing this just a bit? if you have 12 p/s sets ready to go, hell just throw it together and run it agian. :D

tk

So that's what I should be doing...... I've just been running the heck out of my 21 CMB on Technology 50% from the get go and I can't get them to fail yet. I got to change what I'm doing this year! I'll grenade one this year.... I swear.
I'll keep a few spares on hand to sell to you when it happens! :D :D

This thread has lost ALL meaning with worthless comments.
Give us more pics as I asked you and we will figure it out.

Out of round sleeve can simply be what you ended up with after the break and not cause of it.

Not sure if your break in process is the best but if it works for you that is great, however the very last thing I would ever do is lap things in. If the engine is broken in the right way it will keep excelent seal for many gallons (10+) no need for castor at all.

Running the roadrunner today, thought things were off to a good start.. hadn't burned a plug all day long, temps were good on the motor (183~197) then the boat got real fast, then real quiet. RX21 say good night.

novagoboom.JPG

Cant figure it out, the cir clip damage was after the piston shattered, evidence of this is lack of damage (by the clip) to the broken bits of piston. Cant figure it out... bearings were fine, glow plug survived to! guess its time to toss the 35 in the RR...
:ph34r: Did you cut to file modified front end shaft on crankshaft ? because poor balance rotor and run viberate . the C chip fell off then bang to blow out P/S :ph34r: Look at your under piston color stain brown what kind of nitro company? or homemake brew ? <_< I believe bearing fail cause low oil or too much caster oil
What kind of blend is that?

What up Dog

Last edited by a moderator:
Running the roadrunner today, thought things were off to a good start.. hadn't burned a plug all day long, temps were good on the motor (183~197) then the boat got real fast, then real quiet. RX21 say good night.

novagoboom.JPG

Cant figure it out, the cir clip damage was after the piston shattered, evidence of this is lack of damage (by the clip) to the broken bits of piston. Cant figure it out... bearings were fine, glow plug survived to! guess its time to toss the 35 in the RR...
HEY, SORRY ABOUT YOUR MOTOR, I HAVE RAN RED PUTTY IN MOTORS FOR 15 YEARS AND ALWAYS USED LPS LUBES AND HAVE NEVER HAD A AFTER RUN OIL ISSUE, AND THAT INCLUDES 44,000 RPM JP MODIFIEDS IN R/C TOURING CARS AND 1/8 SCALE ON ROAD CARS. TAKE CARE AND GOOD LUCK. MIKE.

Hopefully this thread was not to Smash Novarossi? They have made a Zillion laps around the ponds @ in some of the fastest boats in the events. All R/C engines have a Warranty before it is in use. (Workmanship Warranty) NO In use warranty. Sxxit happens, Clips come out..... brgs stick & the cold water can make you squeeze the pee out of the needle to the point there is No lubrication...... Some engines last longer that others....... NovaRossi is one of the Finest .21 engines Ever Build........ There Workmanship & Machining is 2nd to NO ONES....... B) B)

Michael

i'm with you....

last week i ran at the on-road Victorian state championships,

in total 75 1/10th and 1/8th cars entered 80%+ were running novarossi,

over 4 days racing, 14min qualifying rounds x 6, finals and a 30min A-main final

turning 40,000rpm+ not one motor let go all weekend...

sometimes things just Happen.

no engine is bullet proof

regards Aaron

Back