Notice from rcRacingEvents.com

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can see that I, we will not be going to races that mandates this kind of crap to the entries. This is very sad to see the small want to be dictators want to do this kind of thing. So when you ask why no one enters your races you may want to look in the mirror.

Well I can see that I, we will not be going to races that mandates this kind of crap to the entries. This is very sad to see the small want to be dictators want to do this kind of thing. So when you ask why no one enters your races you may want to look in the mirror.

By doing what you should have been doing all along?

Simply ask the club;
Question: "Hey, I just entered your race, and me and my pitman will be driving X amount of miles to come, and we would prefer not to race each other."
Answer: "Ok, Not a problem. Let me change your frequencies and make it so that that doesn't happen."

What is so difficult to understand here????

It must be the club that does this. rcRacingEvents does not have the authority.

Last post I'm making on this.

*PS - Mark, at 240lbs, I ain't small. But I appreciate the cheap-shot.

Last edited:
I have never personally seen it become a issue . I am aware it occurs but I simply don't care as I have not seen it become a problem . Is it a problem ? Maybe in some extreme cases as evidenced by Bill's having to get involved . Maybe some of the individuals , I'm assuming in Florida , need to groom a new pitman . I am a loner racer so I always have to assemble a potential pitman list at the drivers meeting and it has always worked and in some cases even had to teach the guy how to get the twin running . Following basic rules of launching and starting is not that hard .
Now , on to ruling out 75 Mhz radios ?? I call bullshit on that as it is a proven system that is just as viable as 2.4 . That would be a mistake for any club to do that. It is a shame it is coming to this .
I don't envy Bills position here but I also Agree with Mark Grannis , it's not Bills job nor should it be . Well I'm headed back out to the garage to get my boats ready for next weekend , I'll need to grab a cold one and put the popcorn in the microwave .

Last edited:
OK

Let me lay it down in black and white one last time so that everyone gets it. Then I am finished with this.

Go ahead and enter your boats on FM frequencies the next race when your really running on 2.4.

Now think about the ramifications of being on the wrong frequency when your boat injures or kills someone.

The club, sanctioning body, insurance investigators, and the FCC, are all going want to know why you weren't using the frequency you certified you entered on. All of a sudden that sanctioning body insurance you paid for with your annual dues? That's out the window...

And your butt is hangin' in the breeze.

Your a$$ is grass...

Tom, NO ONE IS TAKING AWAY FM FREQUENCIES. Just the ability for cheaters to use them to their advantage.

And when you hurt someone with your boat, and you were not on the frequency you entered on, Neither I, nor rcRacingEvents will be liable.

It will all be on you buddy.

I'm done.
Bill

Last edited:
"Go ahead and enter your boats on FM frequencies the next race when your really running on 2.4.
Now think about the ramifications of being on the wrong frequency when your boat injures or kills someone."

Ummm.... I was done with this but Bill, if you entered on FM but are on 2.4 this isn't going to happen.

And I'll say it one more time - this needs to be handled on a club/local level (like Charleston did on this year's FallNats entry form) if it's an issue and never should have wound up in your lap. Again thanks for still being here when the copycats have faded away.

Ummm.... I was done with this but Bill, if you entered on FM but are on 2.4 this isn't going to happen.

Bullshit. it's been systemic for the last five years. You forget. I see all entries from all races. I can start calling out names if you want. It's over 40 offenders.

I don't think we want to go there...

Last edited:
Don, I vote to close this one up, before it goes any further.

Things like this are one of the reasons I got out of model boating years ago..
The constant chest thumping,, the politics,, the newest and best thing of the week, keep up with the Joneses attitudes,, the I spend the most money so my way is right attitudes,,

Can it guys ...it's killing the sport and it kills the fun. Hell, I'm trying to come up with reasons to start racing again and I gotta tell ya,, what I have read in the past few months has me seriously questioning coming back.

Now I know that it doesn't matter to anyone out there if I do or don't,,, but you had better **** well think about all of the new potential people that are trying to scratch a few bucks together to maybe come out and try racing..

But then again,,, all you high rollers are probably not wanting any new people getting in the way of the way you are used to having thing happen for y'all...so there's that...

Don, I vote to close this one up, before it goes any further.

Things like this are one of the reasons I got out of model boating years ago..
The constant chest thumping,, the politics,, the newest and best thing of the week, keep up with the Joneses attitudes,, the I spend the most money so my way is right attitudes,,

Can it guys ...it's killing the sport and it kills the fun. Hell, I'm trying to come up with reasons to start racing again and I gotta tell ya,, what I have read in the past few months has me seriously questioning coming back.

Now I know that it doesn't matter to anyone out there if I do or don't,,, but you had better **** well think about all of the new potential people that are trying to scratch a few bucks together to maybe come out and try racing..

But then again,,, all you high rollers are probably not wanting any new people getting in the way of the way you are used to having thing happen for y'all...so there's that...

Good idea.

OMG
No one is going to ban FM. Where do you guys keep coming up with that???

Seriously, Maybe I have not explained this clearly. But I don't understand how you guys don't understand. If you don't want to race your pitman, ask the club for an exception! Don't enter false information into rcRacingEvents when entering a race to get around asking the club for the exception!

Last edited:
Bill the only reason I mentioned banning 75 MGHZ is that it has been mentioned more than once when this discussion has surfaced , that's all . Thanks .

Look

Lets assume that Frank and i pit for each other and we don't want to race each other.

We both enter our classes in rcre.
we both run 2.4 radios, but when we enter the frequency in rcre, instead of using dsm, we select the same pri and alt FM frequencies. We have just created the conflict that will keep us from racing each other.

but you guys already know this...

It's one thing when 2-4 people do it, but an entirely different thing when all 12 people in the same class do it. That's what happened last week and it has hit critical mass...

That has to stop.

If you run FM, enter FM. If you run dsm, be honest and enter dsm and ask the club for the exception. it's just that simple.

So that's what this has all come down to.

Everyone knows what I'm talking about. Everyone knows it's wrong. But no one wants it to stop...

Good bye.

Bullshit. it's been systemic for the last five years. You forget. I see all entries from all races. I can start calling out names if you want. It's over 40 offenders.

I don't think we want to go there...
Bill I meant this part -
"Now think about the ramifications of being on the wrong frequency when your boat injures or kills someone"
If you're on DSM there's not going to be a frequency conflict. Sorry I guess I should have been clearer. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back