Northern Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Morton

What a great group of racers has amassed at the lake. What a great race site to

A hand goes out to Mike and his crew :D Esay access to the lake lots of eaterys and hotels close by.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pits are jumping, I saw a lot of new faces and some old at open water.

Betke (Mike and Jerry)

Keeley

Morton

Crowther

Jefferson

Butch TBM

Randall

Watts

Douglas

and many others if the weather co-operates should be a great event

Racs results

Thanks

BigBryon
Big Bryon here are the Hydro results:(Nitro).Sorry I did not write down the Gas results,let me say those gas guys were ALL FAST.

20 Hydro

1st Mike Nowicki own/ Nova

2nd Mike Betke own/ Mac

3rd Ron Zaker Jr Ninja/ Geraghty Nova

40 Hydro

1st Ron Zaker Jr Crapshooter/Geraghty Picco

2nd Mike Nowicki own/ Picco

3rd Robin Hallam Cobra/ ?

60/80 Hydro

1st Mike Betke SGX/ Picco

2nd Ron Zaker Jr (run off) CD Hawk/Mac

3rd Terri Keeley (run off) own/ CMB.

AWESOME job by the Hallams and crew 190 plus boats,great site,freindly people and city.Try and make this race,you won't be disapointed! Glass kickass trophies to boot!

Ron Jr

Also wanted to add a big thanks to the Thames Valley MBC and the entire Hallam "clan" without which none of this would be possible.

Mike's improvements to the site including elevated referee's stand, starting line string, tabled pit area and manned (or was that "womaned" :lol: ) radio impound made a huge difference to the race. Free pizza Saturday night, raffle prizes including many hulls and kits and the engraved glass trophies helped make this a first class event. Two retreive boats allowed 4 rounds to be run by 3pm on Sunday and everyone was on their way by about 4pm.

Along with the "Winter Nats" & "Spring Nats", the "Northern Nats" is right up there in the "Triple Crown" of Model Boat racing, I was honoured to be a small part of it. :)

ps: That was a great runoff Mr. Z, maybe I'll have better luck next time! :lol:

Also wanted to add a big thanks to the Thames Valley MBC and the entire Hallam "clan" without which none of this would be possible.

Mike's improvements to the site including elevated referee's stand, starting line string, tabled pit area and manned (or was that "womaned" :lol: ) radio impound made a huge difference to the race. The raffle prizes including many hulls and kits and the engraved glass trophies help make this all a first class event. Two retreive boats allowed 4 rounds to be run by 3pm on Sunday and everyone was on their way by about 4pm.

Along with the "Winter Nats" & "Spring Nats", the "Northern Nats" is right up there in the "Triple Crown" of Model Boat racing, I was honoured to be a small part of it. :)

ps: That was a great runoff Mr. Z, maybe I'll have better luck next time! :lol:
Hey TK,

You were faster! lol. The 3280 was not the internal stinger version.CD machine silencer.Great event.I hope Seaducer Jerry's frostbite is ok.lol.

I'd like to thank the Hallam's for a great event also and all the people who made it happen. Being the only FE boat running was a little intimidating at first but I was welcomed by all the fuel racers. Definatly enjoyed the people and the venue!!!!!! Never seen so many Pop Up's :D

Pete

post_1_1156727983.jpeg

Hats off to Mike and the gang. Its was nice to race with some of the top notch racers and meet them in person. There was 2 days of great racing and man did I have fun at this race. Mike is going to have to work

over time for next year race to top this one!!!!!!................Teddy D.

Teddy,Your right this race was the best we've had I do believe.It was nice to see so many new faces and the attendance was just unbelievable.190 boats wow.Some great run offs as well.A big hand for Mike's time and effort getting this race together was not easy at all.with the changes that took place it went rather well.Only next time I will be running scale for sure.see yeah next race shann

Me...Me...Me....I want to do it next year also. After the twins are born I will definately need to get out atleast once next summer.

I have been going to London for the past 4-5 years and I will say it was definately the best so far. The new setup is almost internat like. Radio Impound...hot pits...raised judges stand...My hats are off.

Now add the sport 21 to my collection...thanks to all who helped do the race and all the sponsors. Without the people behind the scenes and the sponsors this would just be a bunch of people hanging out with boats.

I'm in for next year.

Hey...how about the Gas Nats in 2007

Yes I had to go there....

In a word.....AWESOME!!

Great job Hallam Family and all who helped out!! Hard to top this one for sure!! Top notch race site and alot of great competition...........Say Pizza and they will come.......don't miss this one next year folks!!

Dan Brandon

Thanks for all the positive feedback! We worked hard for this race, but it was well worth it. I will post all the results ASAP!! Thanks for the great attendance. We hope everyone had a great time! See you next year!

Now that I've caught my breath, here's the results from the Northern Nats.

Outboard - 1. Randall Thomas 2. Steve Enneper 3. Ron Zaker Sr

Novice - 1. Pete Dukes 2. Chantelle Rumble 3. Michelle Thomas

Sport 21 - 1. Dan Palmer 2. Steve Enneper 3. Dan Brandon

Gas Mono - 1. Don Nehls 2. Chris Rupley 3. Butch Fields

B Mono - 1. Garrett Randall 2. Jerry Crowther 3. Terry Keeley

Gas Rigger - 1. Don Nehls 2. Mark McCray 3. Greg Sheckler

B Hydro - 1. Mike Nowicki 2. Mike Betke 3. Ron Zaker Jr

D Mono - 1. Charles Dukes 2. Ralph Barthel 3. Jerry Crowther

Sport 40 - 1. Steve Peterson 2. Teddy Dudley 3. Dave Rumble

Gas Cat - 1. Butch Fields 2. Jerry Crowther 3. Gus Dolsen

D Hydro - 1. Ron Zaker Jr 2. Mike Nowicki 3. Robin Hallam

Gas Sport Hydro - 1. Jerry Crowther 2. Butch Fields 3. Chris Rupley

Open Mono - 1. Don Nehls 2. Oliver Douglas 3. Gus Dolsen

E/F Hydro - 1. Mike Betke 2. Ron Zaker Jr 3. Terry Keeley

Crackerbox - 1. Butch Fields 2. Gus dolsen 3. Chris Morley

1/8 Sclae Hydro - 1. Oliver Douglas 2. Dan Brandon 3. Mark Owens

I want to take this opportunity to thank some of the people who put in a lot of hours to help pull off this race. Steve Peterson helped with prerace preparation as well as called most of the races. Terry Keeley also helped call some races on both days. Shannon Harrison and his wife, Tammy, spent both days full time on the CD stand and in the impound tent area respectively which helped keep the race moving along. Karl Wallace, Bob Tanner and Steve Enneper spent both days in the retrieve boats. Karl also spent many hours hooking up 7 speakers around the site. Teddy Dudley kept things moving very well as pit boss. And of course, I can't thank my family enough who put in countless hours with all the prerace organizing, days spent at the pond and helping at the race. Thanks also to all of the sponsors for the donations. Without them, we couldn't put on a premiere event.

Hope to see you all again next year.

I want to take this opportunity to thank some of the people who put in a lot of hours to help pull off this race. Steve Peterson helped with prerace preparation as well as called most of the races. Terry Keeley also helped call some races on both days. Shannon Harrison and his wife, Tammy, spent both days full time on the CD stand and in the impound tent area respectively which helped keep the race moving along. Karl Wallace, Bob Tanner and Steve Enneper spent both days in the retrieve boats. Karl also spent many hours hooking up 7 speakers around the site. Teddy Dudley kept things moving very well as pit boss. And of course, I can't thank my family enough who put in countless hours with all the prerace organizing, days spent at the pond and helping at the race. Thanks also to all of the sponsors for the donations. Without them, we couldn't put on a premiere event.

Hope to see you all again next year.
Thanks Mike and Crew

Count me in for new Ideas and effort over the rest of the season and next spring to make this site better for next year.

Northern Nats, Internats, Gas Nats any Nats will do!

Hey Mike,

Ever since Jason and I started racing you have always put on an amazing show!!!

Would you ever consider hosting the Internats? You have the perfect venue....

Just a thought :rolleyes:

Take Care,

Steve Pas

Back