Nitrous oxide on a nitro motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

I messed with this 25 years ago and got it to work. What I did was to use a small retract air tank from the model planes and filled it with 125 pounds of oxygen not Nos. The low pressure and lack of fluid converting to gas made it very easy to meter. It requires a VERY small hiss into the carb with a remote needle mixed in to richen the fuel mixture when the oxygen came in. The trick was to get it programmed right so it was seamless. I had it set to kick in from about 75% to full. The end result was a massive increase in RPM and the engines came back looking like new inside from the clean burn. I was running the coldest high volt plugs which at the time was a Rossi plug with the brass ball.

I have been tinkering with the idea of trying it again but as it is my boats are running pretty good and this would just add more complications and reduce reliability. Reliability to me is primary to winning races.

Albert

Look up a guy by the name of Rocketped on Ada's forum called a billetBoard. He runs nitrous on his scooters. He crafted a little wet system that works pretty well. He is using small bore 2-strokes like us.

Back