!!NITRO IS BACK!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brett:

It is great to see someone with nitro running through their veins...

I have been thinking that I needed to build a Gas Cat in order to race with a LOT of people. Seems that here in Florida gas dominates. Look at the Winternats where 2 gas classes each had 50 boats. What was the largest nitro class?

Maybe we are on a good path to build up nitro. With the JAE that Rod Geraghty and his crew developed, that helped a bunch. We also now have several engine choices and that helps a lot.

Brett:

It is great to see someone with nitro running through their veins...

I have been thinking that I needed to build a Gas Cat in order to race with a LOT of people. Seems that here in Florida gas dominates. Look at the Winternats where 2 gas classes each had 50 boats. What was the largest nitro class?

Maybe we are on a good path to build up nitro. With the JAE that Rod Geraghty and his crew developed, that helped a bunch. We also now have several engine choices and that helps a lot.
marty with the issues that went on with winternats going back and forth with impba to namba, that created a problem with alot of nitro guys, plus the fact that the lake was

very narrow...this brandon race(entries) shows the real truth of how nitro is back strong..and just wait a couple more months and you will see a big surprise coming from

some old timers here in south florida..even you marty will be real happy of the variety of competition..all i can say is get you cougar riggers ready..

What speeds are the X -mono's going these days. Will they also be run in open offshore with the gas boats?

Been messing with the Razor a while. Got here running pretty good. it is a bit slower than the Mac pipe with this long CMB quiet pipe but quiet is cool I guess.

Think it would have a chance ? View My Video
Your boat looks good, hard to tell from that video just how fast it is, but it doesnt matter..its not always the fastest boat that wins..just glad to have another nitro boater..

speed will come in time...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to take the time to thank a few guys for getting me back into this wonderful hobby. After an almost twenty year sabbatical, Bret English, Raymond Rodriguez and Elias finally got me to put the needle back in and have me back into nitro full throttle. Special thanks to you Bret for being a great friend and for not giving up on me. I also want to thank Stu Bar for my new line of Crapshooter hydros. It was a VERY LONG wait but WELL WORTH IT. I have received nothing but the best support from guys like Stu Bar, Marty Davis, Roadrunner Ralph and Larry Beils.

For most of you that don't know me, My name is Albert Araujo. I left the hobby many years ago after having made the mistake of building riggers for others. It was fun for a while but then became work and burned me out of the boats for many years. After leaving the boats I designed, manufactured and sold the micro jets you now see in RC planes world wide. After about ten or so years of the jets I got so burned out (again) that I took up powered paragliding and got completely out of the RC arena. I was pretty heavy into riggers waaaaay back. I made great friends here in South Florida. Among them was an old friend Tom Pretsfeld who became my best friend for well over thirty years. As most of you know, Tom passed away and many of us lost a great friend and a great racer. Prior to his passing many of us were on the fence trying to get back in but never took the time to do so. It wasn't till Tom passed away that we all realized how short life is and how putting things off till tomorrow is never the answer. They say that something good always comes out of something bad and in Tom's case this could not be more true. As a result our old group is all getting back into nitro hydros and we are now having more fun than ever. I plan on entering 40,60, gas and twin hydro so Bret beware, no more secrets and I'm coming to get ya. I guess I can say I will soon be beating the crap out of you with my new Crapshooters. :)

Bret, you have been very instrumental in getting us all back and for getting nitro boats back on the map. Having the pleasure of working with a top quality individual and product like Stu Bar and his Crapshooter boats has made my coming back a real pleasure. His boats are a work of art and a joy to work with. We are all very lucky to be a part of such a wonderful hobby filled with so many wonderful individuals.

See you all at the races soon.

Albert

Albert,It was great to meet you in Orlando and I am looking forward to running in many races with you.

See you soon buddy

Brett has done a GREAT job in promoting nitro in Florida. Can we move him to the west coast now? Actually, nitro is on the increase from what I see on business overall. Albert: please keep this a secret. I still have way to many boats to build.

Thanks.

Fill me in guys.....

I have been in model boats for many years and have run with houston gang at lone star model boat club for many years.....

have been to the Nats a few times...

everything I have is Nitro...I even have a brand new custom built CMDI 1.01 that has never touched the water....

Andy built me the boat complete with the multi colored "speedwagon" paint scheme...did the engine and everything ....just about the time the nitro "crisis hit...

I put it on the shelf and haven't touched it since..

I bought a bunch of engines,,several boats from Bob Finn in Dallas, when the bottom dropped out of nitro.

So....If nitro is making a comeback,,,who is supplying fuel...and at what cost?

I would love to start running boats again....so any help with fuel availability would be helpful..

Thanks, Frank

Fill me in guys.....

I have been in model boats for many years and have run with houston gang at lone star model boat club for many years.....

everything I have is Nitro...I even have a brand new custom built CMDI 1.01 that has never touched the water....

Andy built me the boat complete with the multi colored "speedwagon" paint scheme...did the engine and everything ....just about the time the nitro "crisis hit...

I bought a bunch of engines,,several boats from Bob Finn in Dallas, when the bottom dropped out of nitro.

I would love to start running boats again....so any help with fuel availability would be helpful..

Thanks, Frank
Hi Frank,

Look me up next weekend and the Crosby race. I'd like to meet you.

To answer your question, I have been getting me fuel from John Otto in FL. He has pretty good prices on shipped fuel and the fuel is really good.

Fill me in guys.....

Thanks, Frank
Hi Frank,

Look me up next weekend and the Crosby race. I'd like to meet you.

To answer your question, I have been getting me fuel from John Otto in FL. He has pretty good prices on shipped fuel and the fuel is really good.
And for you local (texas) guys I am back to selling PowerMaster now that VP has it all back in production. Cost is $29/gallon for 60% and goes down from there. I will have it at the San Antonio race.

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back