Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, my name is Michael Blackburn. I live in Lexington Kentucky, and I just recently pulled my K&B .67 11cc lapcat III off the shelf after 30 years. Looking forward to this site.! And getting back into the Tunnel Hull game. Thanks everyone.!

Attachments

• IMG_4820.jpeg
    IMG_4820.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4819.jpeg
    IMG_4819.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4827.jpeg
    IMG_4827.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4825.jpeg
    IMG_4825.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4823.jpeg
    IMG_4823.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4822.jpeg
    IMG_4822.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4817.jpeg
    IMG_4817.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4816.jpeg
    IMG_4816.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Welcome aboard Michael, nice looking boat and the motor looks good to. Enjoy this site! Lots of info on here. Have you fired it up yet?
Let us hear how she runs after all that rest time.
Michael

Hey hello Michael. Thank you very much. I always took pride in my tunnel Hull as a kid and took very good care of it. Haven’t fired it up yet. Going to go back through it. oil & grease everything back up and try and check the head tolerance. to be honest this boat doesn’t have a lot of run time on it maybe 6 runs and 3/4 of a gallon of fuel threw it 15% nitro also I’m going to have to find new battery packs for the radio. Need to buy new fuel and fix my field box. Probably going to be a while before I can get it all fixed but when I do will definitely post a video.👍

Did the same as you,got out of rc racing raised a family and got the itch again. Started going through stuff and comparing to the new. Had an old topspeed with a 3.5 lubed it up put the fuel to it and she fired right up. Replaced a good bit of stuff like servos, radio and batteries. Got into the gas boats and really enjoying how easy they are to work with. Good luck with everything, hope to run with you someday. Check ya later.
Michael

Thanks! Hopefully I can get it to run wide open after all this time. Never really could get this Hull to run right. Plan out, from what I have learned in the past two months is that this Hull looks good, but does not perform Going to start out with getting a new prop and some good fuel. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.! What I would like to do, is pull the engine off of this Hull and sell the Hull and have someone professionally build me one. I really want the PTI NX-400 custom painted and assembled with all the Bells and Whistles from Stumpfab I seen where Kenneth King if I’m not mistaken, Built a NX 365 two years ago and sold it. There is a YouTube video of it on the water and man that thing looks like it’s on rails and runs like a jet in the water. I would love to get in contact with him and have him build me one if he would. Beautiful Hull looks like a piece of art.

Welcome back Michael. James at stumpfab has everything you'll need & great guy to deal with.

Piece of advice...don't by any boats run haven't seen run, or your buying someone else's problems.

Thanks Alan! I really appreciate that. I actually called James yesterday Super awesome. very knowledgeable gentleman. He told me that he had all of the stuff that I wanted/needed. And that he would call me back in a couple of days to do a order. He was busy at the moment. And I will definitely take your advice. 👍👍

Michael,

In case you were not aware the IMPBA Nitro nationals are just up the road from you in Harrison Ohio this weekend. If you want to meet the people and get your fix of breathing in some nitro drive up. See the post in the events forum for directions.

-Tyler

Hey Tyler! 🤚 Did not know that. Would really like to meet everyone! Let me see what I have going on this weekend. I might just be able to pull it off and come up.👍 thanks for the heads up. I got these bad boys in the mail last night.

Attachments

• IMG_4919.jpeg
    IMG_4919.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4920.jpeg
    IMG_4920.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4921.jpeg
    IMG_4921.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4922.jpeg
    IMG_4922.jpeg